Ghost printing is characterized by repeating light mirror image of the original image or text on the page. This problem may also be described as fuzzy, blurry, or doubled print. (underlined in red). This may be caused by something like oil that may be adhered on the surface of the Encoder strip, inside the machine.
- 1 How do I get my Brother printer to print better quality?
- 2 Why does my Brother printer not print clearly?
- 3 Why is my printer printing a little blurry?
- 4 How do I change the print density on my Brother printer?
- 5 How do I fix bad print quality?
- 6 How do you unclog a print nozzle?
- 7 Why is my printer printing bad quality?
- 8 How can I improve print quality?
- 9 How do you clean the drum roller on a Brother printer?
- 10 How do you clean a Brother printer drum?
- 11 How do you fix printer smearing?
- 12 Why is my printer printing faded text?
- 13 Why is my PDF printing blurry?
How do I get my Brother printer to print better quality?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Press the Ink or Ink Management key on the control panel of the machine.
- Press the up or down navigation key to select TEST PRINT and press Menu/Set or Set.
- Press the up or down navigation key to select PRINT QUALITY and press Menu/Set or Set.
- Press Color (Colour) Start.
Why does my Brother printer not print clearly?
Use or attempted use of potentially incompatible ink and/or cartridges in the Brother machine may cause damage to the machine and/or may result in unsatisfactory print quality. Cleaning the four color print heads (black, cyan, magenta and yellow) and/or adjusting the vertical alignment may improve the print quality.
Why is my printer printing a little blurry?
Dirty or misaligned print heads Your printer may be printing fuzzy, blurry, or other faint text because of dirty print heads. All modern printers have a self-cleaning mode, which cleans the print heads, and additional internal equipment used in the printing process.
How do I change the print density on my Brother printer?
Adjusting the copy density:
- Load your document.
- Press. (Copy).
- Enter the number of copies.
- Press Options.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Density.
- Press Density.
- Press a level of density, from Light to Dark.
- If you do not want to change additional settings, press OK.
How do I fix bad print quality?
Quick Fixes for Poor Quality Printing Results
- #1 – Align the Printer Cartridge or Head.
- #2 – Adjust Print Speed.
- #3 – Print from High-Resolution Files.
- #4 – Clean the Printer, the Heads and the Cartridges.
- #5 – Handle Toner Carefully.
- #6 – Protect the Printer from Heat and Humidity.
- #7 – Check for Driver Upgrades.
How do you unclog a print nozzle?
If they’re on the cartridge, and the cartridge is mostly empty, you can just replace it. The new nozzles will obviously be unclogged. Seriously clogged nozzles can be cleared with some isopropyl alcohol and another run through the clean cycle.
Why is my printer printing bad quality?
If you notice that your print quality is uneven, too light, too dark, or there are vertical or horizontal lines in the print (banding), try these solutions: Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
How can I improve print quality?
Improve print quality
- Print from a different software program.
- Check the paper-type setting for the print job.
- Check ink cartridge status.
- Clean the product.
- Visually inspect the ink cartridge.
- Check paper and the printing environment.
- Calibrate the product to align the colors.
- Check other print job settings.
How do you clean the drum roller on a Brother printer?
Clean the roller by gently wiping the entire surface of the drum with an alcohol swab, such as a medical pad or wipe, or cotton swab lightly moistened with isopropyl alcohol (91% strength alcohol is preferred, but 70 75% strength alcohol is also acceptable).
How do you clean a Brother printer drum?
Turn the drum unit as shown in the illustration. Make sure that the drum unit gear is on the left side. Turn the edge of the drum unit toward you by hand while looking at surface of the suspected area. Wipe the surface of the drum gently with a dry cotton swab until the mark on the surface comes off.
How do you fix printer smearing?
Make sure the paper is not too thick or curled. Also, verify that the appropriate paper is being used and that the paper type set in the machine matches the media used. Make sure the paper is not curled when you print on the back side of the paper with the Print Odd Pages and Print Even Pages settings.
Why is my printer printing faded text?
A common cause of faded, faint printouts from your inkjet printer is dried ink particles causing a blockage in your printer. The printheads on an ink cartridge can be become blocked if the printer is not used for a period of time, so it is recommended to print a few pages each month to maintain the print quality.
Why is my PDF printing blurry?
If you start with a low-resolution image or other file, the resulting PDF may look blurry or pixelated, especially if printed out. PDF converters can’t make your finished document look any clearer than the original. Use files with resolutions of at least 72 dots per inch for Web display and 200 to 300 dpi for printing.