Ghost printing is characterized by repeating light mirror image of the original image or text on the page. This problem may also be described as fuzzy, blurry, or doubled print. (underlined in red). This may be caused by something like oil that may be adhered on the surface of the Encoder strip, inside the machine.
- 1 How do I get my Brother printer to print better quality?
- 2 Why does my Brother printer not print clearly?
- 3 Why does my printer look fuzzy?
- 4 How can I improve print quality?
- 5 How do I change the print density on my Brother printer?
- 6 Why is my print quality poor?
- 7 How do I change the resolution on my Brother printer?
- 8 How do I know if my printer drum is bad?
- 9 How do I reset my Brother printer toner?
- 10 How do I know if my ink cartridge is damaged?
How do I get my Brother printer to print better quality?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Press the Ink or Ink Management key on the control panel of the machine.
- Press the up or down navigation key to select TEST PRINT and press Menu/Set or Set.
- Press the up or down navigation key to select PRINT QUALITY and press Menu/Set or Set.
- Press Color (Colour) Start.
Why does my Brother printer not print clearly?
Use or attempted use of potentially incompatible ink and/or cartridges in the Brother machine may cause damage to the machine and/or may result in unsatisfactory print quality. Cleaning the four color print heads (black, cyan, magenta and yellow) and/or adjusting the vertical alignment may improve the print quality.
Why does my printer look fuzzy?
Dirty or misaligned print heads Your printer may be printing fuzzy, blurry, or other faint text because of dirty print heads. All modern printers have a self-cleaning mode, which cleans the print heads, and additional internal equipment used in the printing process.
How can I improve print quality?
Improve print quality
- Print from a different software program.
- Check the paper-type setting for the print job.
- Check ink cartridge status.
- Clean the product.
- Visually inspect the ink cartridge.
- Check paper and the printing environment.
- Calibrate the product to align the colors.
- Check other print job settings.
How do I change the print density on my Brother printer?
Adjusting the copy density:
- Load your document.
- Press. (Copy).
- Enter the number of copies.
- Press Options.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Density.
- Press Density.
- Press a level of density, from Light to Dark.
- If you do not want to change additional settings, press OK.
Why is my print quality poor?
If you notice that your print quality is uneven, too light, too dark, or there are vertical or horizontal lines in the print (banding), try these solutions: Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
How do I change the resolution on my Brother printer?
How can I change the print resolution?
- Open the Printer Driver Property by clicking right on the Printer icon and selecting “Properties” from the menu.
- Click on Printing Preferences button in the “General” tab.
- Select Advanced tab.
- Select the required resolution and click OK.
How do I know if my printer drum is bad?
The most obvious is most common on laser color printers and can be detected by a flashing message on the printer display screen. Other signs of a bad printer drum include printing blank pages, printing gray pages and strange sounds coming from the printer as it prints.
How do I reset my Brother printer toner?
- Switch-off the printer.
- Press and hold the on/off button.
- When all the LEDs turn on, open the cover and remove the toner cartridge + drum unit.
- Release the on/off button.
- Re-install the toner cartridge + drum unit back into the printer and close the printer cover.
How do I know if my ink cartridge is damaged?
This is usually the first sign that something has gone wrong with your printer cartridge. Missing colours, streaky prints, smudges and ink blotches are all signs that your printer ink or toner cartridge may be damaged. Some printers will actually warn you if a cartridge is damaged and will refuse to print.