These types of lines are typically caused by dirt or correction fluid on the scanner unit, or one of the corona wires for printing is dirty. This problem is usually resolved by cleaning the scanner glass, scanner glass strip and white plastic bar with a soft lint-free cloth, or cleaning the corona wires.
- 1 Why are there lines on my copies?
- 2 Why is my printer printing vertical lines?
- 3 What causes a printer to print streaks?
- 4 How do you get rid of copier lines?
- 5 How do you clean a copy machine?
- 6 How do I clean my brother’s scanner rollers?
- 7 How do I clean my printer scanner?
- 8 How do I clean my brother scanner feeder?
- 9 How do I fix white lines when printing?
- 10 How can I improve the quality of my Brother printer?
- 11 How do you check a nozzle on a Brother printer?
Why are there lines on my copies?
Vertical lines on copies, sent faxes, or scanned documents are typically caused by dirt, ink, corrective fluid, or other debris stuck on the ADF scanner glass. Cleaning the ADF scanner glass properly should resolve this issue.
Why is my printer printing vertical lines?
Vertical lines in prints are an early warning sign of a low ink cartridge, which may show up before the printer’s low ink alerts start. You can fix the problem by replacing the low cartridge. Gently shaking the drained cartridge a bit may help to get another few prints out of it without vertical lines.
What causes a printer to print streaks?
Streaking is usually caused by a worn out drum unit or spent toner cartridge. Reinstall the toner cartridge and run a test print. If the quality does not improve, check your printer’s user guide to see if there is a cartridge cleaning function built into the machine.
How do you get rid of copier lines?
Use a soft cloth moistened with water, nonabrasive glass cleaner, or lens cleaner. When finished, dry the glass with a soft, dry cloth to prevent spotting. Start off by cleaning the glass on the copier.
How do you clean a copy machine?
Cleaning Guidelines for Copiers and Printers
- Power down and unplug the device before cleaning.
- Use Isopropyl alcohol (at least 70% concentrate) to disinfect all surfaces of the device that a user would touch.
- Never spray directly onto or into the machine.
- Use a soft cloth to clean surfaces.
How do I clean my brother’s scanner rollers?
Clean the Pick Up Rollers from side to side with a soft, lint-free cloth slightly moistened with water. Close the Front Cover and attach the ADF. When [Scheduled Maintenance Alert] appears on the machine’s LCD, you must clean the machine promptly. If you do not, document jams and paper feed problems may occur.
How do I clean my printer scanner?
Cleaning Inside Your Scanner
- Turn off the scanner and unplug the AC adapter.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Pull down on the cover open lever and open the scanner cover.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe off any dust or dirt on the rollers inside the scanner cover.
- Wipe off any dust or dirt on the pickup rollers.
How do I clean my brother scanner feeder?
Clean the scanner glass
- Press and hold down. to turn the machine off.
- (For DCP-L8450CDW)
- Lift the document cover (1).
- In the ADF unit, clean the white bar (1) and the scanner glass strip (2) underneath it with a soft lint-free cloth moistened with water.
- Close the document cover.
How do I fix white lines when printing?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
How can I improve the quality of my Brother printer?
How can I improve poor print quality?
- Press the Ink or Ink Management key on the control panel of the machine.
- Press the up or down navigation key to select TEST PRINT and press Menu/Set or Set.
- Press the up or down navigation key to select PRINT QUALITY and press Menu/Set or Set.
- Press Color (Colour) Start.
How do you check a nozzle on a Brother printer?
Print the Print Quality Check Sheet and look at the nozzle check pattern. Press or to select the following:
- Select [General Setup]. Press OK.
- Select [Maintenance]. Press OK.
- Select [Impr. PrintQuality]. Press OK.
- Select [Impr. PrintQuality] again. Press OK.