Your Brother printer can be “Offline” if it is not set as the default printer on your computer. You can make your printer the default in your computer’s “Devices” section. If it is not listed as a device in the devices section, you must re-install the printer driver from a CD-ROM or Brother’s website.
- 1 How do I stop my Brother printer from going offline?
- 2 How do you fix a printer from being offline?
- 3 Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my computer?
- 4 Why does it keep saying my printer is offline?
- 5 Why does my wireless printer go offline?
- 6 How do I get my Brother printer to connect to WIFI?
- 7 How do I change my printer status to online?
- 8 Why is my printer not connecting?
- 9 How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
- 10 How do I reset my Brother wireless printer?
- 11 How do I reset my Brother printer?
- 12 How do I make my Brother printer discoverable?
How do I stop my Brother printer from going offline?
Right-click your printer’s icon. Click “See what’s printing”. Select the “Printer” tab from the top menu. Uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” option.
How do you fix a printer from being offline?
Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my computer?
Ensure that the power LED on the printer is stable and not flickering. Check the connection between the computer and the Brother Printer; ensure that the computer is connected to the printer. Ensure that the printer status has not stopped. Ensure that the Brother Printer driver is up-to-date.
Why does it keep saying my printer is offline?
This can be as simple as a disconnected cable, or an error occurring due to a paper jam. However, it can also indicate a problem with your driver or software. Old age or a lack of updates can cause this, and if this is the reason your printer is offline, you will have to troubleshoot it.
Why does my wireless printer go offline?
This can be caused by an error between your device or computer and the printer. Sometimes it maybe as simple as your cable not correctly attached or a simple error coming from a paper-jam. However a printer appearing as “ Offline ” error can also be down to problems with your printer driver or software.
How do I get my Brother printer to connect to WIFI?
To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
How do I change my printer status to online?
2] Change Printer Status
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer of which you want to change the status, and then click on Open queue.
- In the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline.
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.
Why is my printer not connecting?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
- On the next screen, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane.
- On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
- Wait for the printer to come back online.
How do I reset my Brother wireless printer?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Press. (Settings) > All Settings > Network > Network Reset.
- Reset Network? will be displayed. Press Yes.
- Reboot OK? will be displayed. Press Yes for two seconds to confirm. The machine will restart.
How do I reset my Brother printer?
Press Menu from the printer control panel. Using the Up or Down Arrow keys, select Initial Setup and then press OK. Using the Up or Down Arrow keys, select Reset and then press OK. Using the Up or Down Arrow keys, select the reset function of your preference and then press OK.
How do I make my Brother printer discoverable?
Configure the wireless settings:
- Place the Brother machine within range of your WPS or AOSS™ access point/router.
- Make sure that the power cord is plugged in.
- Turn on the machine and wait until the machine is in the Ready state.
- Hold down the WPS or AOSS™ button on your WLAN access point/router for a few seconds.