The Brother machine will display a ‘Replace Drum’ or ‘Drum Stop’ message when the machine has printed approximately 15,000 pages. The drums should be replaced as a set in order to maintain print quality.
- 1 How do I know if my Brother printer needs a new drum?
- 2 When should I replace my drum on my brother?
- 3 How long should a drum last in Brother printer?
- 4 What happens when printer drum goes bad?
- 5 What happens if you don’t replace printer drum?
- 6 How long should a Brother printer last?
- 7 How do I reset my printer after replacing drums?
- 8 How can I extend my Brother drum life?
- 9 What is drum End Soon Brother?
- 10 How do I know if my printer needs a new drum?
- 11 How do I clean the drum on my Brother printer?
- 12 Why is my Brother printer printing dirty pages?
- 13 Can you clean a printer drum?
- 14 What does drum error mean on Brother printer?
- 15 How do I reset my Brother printer drum?
How do I know if my Brother printer needs a new drum?
The most obvious is most common on laser color printers and can be detected by a flashing message on the printer display screen. Other signs of a bad printer drum include printing blank pages, printing gray pages and strange sounds coming from the printer as it prints.
When should I replace my drum on my brother?
Others, such as the Brother TN760, need to replace their drum unit after three to four cartridges, depending on usage. As a general rule, you should always replace your drum unit after using three to four toner cartridges just to be safe.
How long should a drum last in Brother printer?
The yield of a drum unit is approx. 15,000 pages (1 page/job). There are many factors that determine the actual drum life, such as the temperature, humidity, type of paper, type of toner used and so on. Under ideal conditions, the average drum life is estimated at approximately 15,000 pages.
What happens when printer drum goes bad?
What happens when a printer drum goes bad? When the drum wears out, you’ll begin seeing lines or faults repeated across the page. Replace the drum unit when you get white lines on your pages.
What happens if you don’t replace printer drum?
Without a drum unit, the toner powder in the cartridge cannot be transferred onto the page. The two parts work together to create a print! You can’t have one without the other and expect the printer to work properly.
How long should a Brother printer last?
The average lifespan of a printer is around 3-5 years. With proper upkeep and maintenance, some printers can last longer, but eventually your machine will need an upgrade.
How do I reset my printer after replacing drums?
If you reset the drum counter during the life of the drum unit currently being used, the remaining drum life will not be displayed accurately.
- Make sure that the machine is turned on.
- Open the front cover.
- Press and hold OK for 2 seconds.
- Press the Up arrow key or 1 to reset the drum counter.
- Close the front cover.
How can I extend my Brother drum life?
You can extend the drum life and keep it clean by occasionally cleaning the corona wire. You can simply do this by sliding the little plastic piece attached to the corona wire back and forth a couple of times. After you replace your drum, don’t forget to reset it.
What is drum End Soon Brother?
The message Drum End Soon indicates the drum unit will need to be replaced soon. You can replace the drum unit when you feel the print quality is no longer acceptable or when the message Replace Drum is displayed.
How do I know if my printer needs a new drum?
The drum unit may need replacing if you notice the printer producing blurry, low-quality images. Black or colored toner spots on printouts also indicates a failing drum unit. In some cases, horizontal lines may develop across the printout every time the paper passes the failing part of the drum.
How do I clean the drum on my Brother printer?
Clean the roller by gently wiping the entire surface of the drum with an alcohol swab, such as a medical pad or wipe, or cotton swab lightly moistened with isopropyl alcohol (91% strength alcohol is preferred, but 70 75% strength alcohol is also acceptable).
Why is my Brother printer printing dirty pages?
– If the dots are random on the page, check for loose toner inside the machine and around the drum area. A toner cartridge that is leaking or has leaked inside the machine will need to be replaced. Do not remove the toner cartridge from the Brother machine until you are ready to replace it.
Can you clean a printer drum?
Look for chunks of toner on the drum unit. After you have removed the chunks of toner, dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol. Carefully wipe off any dirty areas visible on the drum. If the drum unit is dirty, apply some rubbing alcohol onto your lint-free cloth and carefully wipe the body of the drum unit.
What does drum error mean on Brother printer?
The message “Drum Error” will appear on the display if the corona wire on the drum unit needs to be cleaned. Open the front cover and remove the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. Be sure to place the drum and toner assembly on a piece of paper in case of spilled or scattered toner.
How do I reset my Brother printer drum?
Reset the Drum Counter
- Close the front cover.
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Press. (Settings).
- Press All Settings. (This step might be skipped in some models.)
- Choose Machine Info. or Machine Information => Parts Life.
- Press and hold Drum or Drum Life until the machine’s display message changes.
- Press Yes.