The message “Drum Error” will appear on the display if the corona wire on the drum unit needs to be cleaned. Open the front cover and remove the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. Be sure to place the drum and toner assembly on a piece of paper in case of spilled or scattered toner.
- 1 How do I fix the drum error on my Brother printer?
- 2 How do you reset a brother drum error?
- 3 What does drum mean on Brother printer?
- 4 Can a Brother printer drum be cleaned?
- 5 What does it mean when the printer says drum?
- 6 How do you reset the drum on a Brother DCP 7040?
- 7 What happens if I don’t replace printer drum?
- 8 How do I know if my Brother printer needs a new drum?
- 9 How long should a Brother printer drum last?
- 10 When should I replace my drums?
- 11 How do you reset the drum on a Brother HL l2370dw?
- 12 What is printer drum life?
- 13 How do I get my Brother printer to clean itself?
How do I fix the drum error on my Brother printer?
Drum Error (Drum!)
- The corona wires have become dirty. Clean the corona wires in the drum unit.
- The drum unit or the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly is not installed correctly. Reinstall the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly.
- If the issue still continues, the drum unit is at the end of its life.
How do you reset a brother drum error?
Reset the Drum Counter
- Close the front cover.
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Press. (Settings).
- Press All Settings. (This step might be skipped in some models.)
- Choose Machine Info. or Machine Information => Parts Life.
- Press and hold Drum or Drum Life until the machine’s display message changes.
- Press Yes.
What does drum mean on Brother printer?
What is the drum unit? The drum unit transfers the toner to the paper. The laser printer puts the toner on the roller called “The photosensitive drum” inside the drum unit, and then prints letters and images by fixing toner to the paper by heat and pressure.
Can a Brother printer drum be cleaned?
Clean the roller by gently wiping the entire surface of the drum with an alcohol swab, such as a medical pad or wipe, or cotton swab lightly moistened with isopropyl alcohol (91% strength alcohol is preferred, but 70 75% strength alcohol is also acceptable).
What does it mean when the printer says drum?
A drum unit is a maintenance item for your Brother printer (or other manufacturer Laser printer) that will sometimes need to be replaced but not as often as a toner cartridge. Therefore, you will always find that drum unit is located very close to or even attached to the toner cartridge.
How do you reset the drum on a Brother DCP 7040?
Press 1 to reset the drum counter. If your Brother machine doesn’t have a numeric keypad: Press the Up Arrow Key to reset the drum counter.
What happens if I don’t replace printer drum?
Without a drum unit, the toner powder in the cartridge cannot be transferred onto the page. The two parts work together to create a print! You can’t have one without the other and expect the printer to work properly.
How do I know if my Brother printer needs a new drum?
The most obvious is most common on laser color printers and can be detected by a flashing message on the printer display screen. Other signs of a bad printer drum include printing blank pages, printing gray pages and strange sounds coming from the printer as it prints.
How long should a Brother printer drum last?
The yield of a drum unit is approx. 15,000 pages (1 page/job). There are many factors that determine the actual drum life, such as the temperature, humidity, type of paper, type of toner used and so on. Under ideal conditions, the average drum life is estimated at approximately 15,000 pages.
When should I replace my drums?
As a general rule, you should always replace your drum unit after using three to four toner cartridges just to be safe. Page yields are also calculated, with only 5% of the page being filled as an entire page. Depending on your usage, you may need to change your drum unit faster than before.
How do you reset the drum on a Brother HL l2370dw?
How to reset the drum counter:
- Make sure the machine is on.
- Close up the front cover.
- Hold down the “OK” button and the “up” arrow at the same time.
- Press the “OK” button to select “Drum”.
- Select the “down” button to reset the drum counter.
What is printer drum life?
Drum units typically last for 10,000 to 50,000 printed pages, depending on the quality of the printer and unit. Your printer will exhibit warning signs of the drum unit’s deterioration so you can replace it before it stops working.
How do I get my Brother printer to clean itself?
Press or to select the following:
- Select [General Setup]. Press OK.
- Select [Maintenance]. Press OK.
- Select [Print Head Cleaning]. Press OK.
- Select [Black only], [Colour only], or [All]. Press OK.
- Select [Normal], [Strong], or [Strongest]. Press OK.