Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
- 1 How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my computer?
- 2 How do I set up my brother scanner?
- 3 How do I scan a document from my printer to my laptop?
- 4 How do I check my scanner connection?
- 5 Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
- 6 How do you connect your printer to your computer to scan?
- 7 How do I scan a document?
- 8 How do I scan as a brother PDF?
- 9 How do I connect my brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my computer?
Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass (Flatbed) or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), depending on the model of your Brother machine. Press the Scan key on the Brother machine and select Scan to PC -> File, or Scan to File.
How do I set up my brother scanner?
Install the scanner driver (For Windows)
- The installation screen will appear automatically. If prompted, choose your model and language.
- Choose Install Scanner Driver.
- Click Next.
- Read the agreement and check the I accept box.
- Click Next.
- Click Complete.
- Click Install.
- The SCANNER CONNECTION box will appear.
How do I scan a document from my printer to my laptop?
In Windows, go to Start > Scan > Settings > Devices> Printers & Scanners. Then, choose a printer and select Manage > Scanner > Open scanner > Scan.
How do I check my scanner connection?
Verify your scanner is installed
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Under Printers & devices, look for your scanner.
Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
How do you connect your printer to your computer to scan?
To connect a wireless printer, follow these steps:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners > Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I scan a document?
Scan a document
- Open the Google Drive app.
- In the bottom right, tap Add.
- Tap Scan.
- Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan. Adjust scan area: Tap Crop. Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page. Scan another page: Tap Add.
- To save the finished document, tap Done.
How do I scan as a brother PDF?
- Open the ControlCenter. Brother Utilities supported models. Open Brother Utilities.
- Open Device Scan Settings window. In Home Mode: Click Device Settings tab > Device Scan Settings.
- The Device Scan Settings window will appear. Click the File tab and select PDF(*. pdf) in File Type.
- Go to STEP B.
How do I connect my brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.