You can configure the scan settings of your Brother machine’s SCAN key in ControlCenter4.
- Open the Device Scan Settings window. Home Mode.
- The Device Scan Settings window appears. Click the tab for the scan option you want to configure, configure the scan settings, and then click Apply > OK.
- 1 How do I setup my Brother printer to scan to my computer?
- 2 Why can’t I scan from my Brother printer?
- 3 How do I scan a document from my printer to my laptop?
- 4 How do I get my wireless printer to scan to my computer?
- 5 Why will my printer print but not Scan?
- 6 Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
- 7 Why can’t I Scan from my printer to my computer?
- 8 How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my email?
- 9 How do I scan a document?
- 10 How do I add a scanner to my computer?
How do I setup my Brother printer to scan to my computer?
Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
Why can’t I scan from my Brother printer?
If the firewall is active on your computer, it may reject the necessary network connection for the network scanning software and as a result, the Brother printer won’t scan to computer. You should disable the firewall temporarily and try the network scanning again.
How do I scan a document from my printer to my laptop?
In Windows, go to Start > Scan > Settings > Devices> Printers & Scanners. Then, choose a printer and select Manage > Scanner > Open scanner > Scan.
How do I get my wireless printer to scan to my computer?
Here’s a way to do it manually.
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners or use the following button. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby scanners, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
Why will my printer print but not Scan?
Check for a Firewall setting on your computer. Disable the Firewall on your computer and try the network scanning again. Temporarily change your firewall/security settings to allow network connection. Your computer’s firewall/security software may be preventing the network connection from being established.
Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
Why can’t I Scan from my printer to my computer?
Printer problems are caused by corrupted or outdated drivers, so you may need dedicated help in order to solve them. Once installed, click Scan to find outdated and bad printer drivers. Click the Update Your Drivers Now after the scan to start the repair/update process.
How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my email?
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- Click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
- Click Send E-mail.
- The Send E-mail dialog will appear. Configure the attached file settings, and click OK.
How do I scan a document?
Scan a document
- Open the Google Drive app.
- In the bottom right, tap Add.
- Tap Scan.
- Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan. Adjust scan area: Tap Crop. Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page. Scan another page: Tap Add.
- To save the finished document, tap Done.
How do I add a scanner to my computer?
About This Article
- Click the Start logo.
- Click the settings icon.
- Click Devices.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- Click your scanner’s name and click Add device.