Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
- 1 Why will my Brother printer not Scan to my computer?
- 2 How do I get my printer to Scan to my computer?
- 3 How do I get my Brother scanner to work?
- 4 Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
- 5 How do I scan from my printer to my computer Windows 10?
- 6 How do I connect my brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
- 7 How do I set up my brother scanner?
- 8 How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer wirelessly?
Why will my Brother printer not Scan to my computer?
Check Firewall settings Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again.
How do I get my printer to Scan to my computer?
In Windows, go to Start > Scan > Settings > Devices> Printers & Scanners. Then, choose a printer and select Manage > Scanner > Open scanner > Scan.
How do I get my Brother scanner to work?
STEP A: Configure the Scan to File feature
- Open the ControlCenter. Brother Utilities supported models. Open Brother Utilities.
- Open Device Scan Settings window. In Home Mode: Click Device Settings tab > Device Scan Settings.
- The Device Scan Settings window will appear. Click the File tab and select PDF(*.
- Go to STEP B.
Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
How do I scan from my printer to my computer Windows 10?
Windows 10 includes a built-in scan utility, which you can access from the printer context menu. Click Start, type: devices and printer then hit Enter. Right-click your scanner or printer, then click Start Scan.
How do I connect my brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
How do I set up my brother scanner?
Install the scanner driver (For Windows)
- The installation screen will appear automatically. If prompted, choose your model and language.
- Choose Install Scanner Driver.
- Click Next.
- Read the agreement and check the I accept box.
- Click Next.
- Click Complete.
- Click Install.
- The SCANNER CONNECTION box will appear.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer wirelessly?
Set up the wireless connection manually with the printer driver installed (For Windows)
- Make sure that the printer driver, Printer Setting Tool, and P-touch Editor are installed on your computer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Make sure the printer’s Wi-Fi LED is flashing.
- Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.