Method 1: Windows FAX and Scan
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
- 1 Why can’t I scan from my wireless Brother printer to my computer?
- 2 Why can’t I scan from my Brother printer?
- 3 Why won’t my wireless printer Scan to my computer?
- 4 How do I setup my printer to Scan?
- 5 How do I Scan a document?
- 6 Why will my printer print but not Scan?
- 7 How do I check my scanner connection?
- 8 How do I scan with my iPhone?
- 9 How do I scan and email a document from my Brother printer?
Why can’t I scan from my wireless Brother printer to my computer?
Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again. Open Control Panel and select System and Security.
Why can’t I scan from my Brother printer?
If the firewall is active on your computer, it may reject the necessary network connection for the network scanning software and as a result, the Brother printer won’t scan to computer. You should disable the firewall temporarily and try the network scanning again.
Why won’t my wireless printer Scan to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
How do I setup my printer to Scan?
To connect a wireless printer, follow these steps:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners > Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I Scan a document?
Scan a document
- Open the Google Drive app.
- In the bottom right, tap Add.
- Tap Scan.
- Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan. Adjust scan area: Tap Crop. Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page. Scan another page: Tap Add.
- To save the finished document, tap Done.
Why will my printer print but not Scan?
Check for a Firewall setting on your computer. Disable the Firewall on your computer and try the network scanning again. Temporarily change your firewall/security settings to allow network connection. Your computer’s firewall/security software may be preventing the network connection from being established.
How do I check my scanner connection?
Verify your scanner is installed
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Under Printers & devices, look for your scanner.
How do I scan with my iPhone?
How to scan documents on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Open Notes and select a note or create a new one.
- Tap the Camera button, then tap Scan Documents.
- Place your document in view of the camera.
- If your device is in Auto mode, your document will automatically scan.
- Tap Save or add additional scans to the document.
How do I scan and email a document from my Brother printer?
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- Click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
- Click Send E-mail.
- The Send E-mail dialog will appear. Configure the attached file settings, and click OK.