Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
- 1 Why can’t I scan from my Brother printer?
- 2 How do I get my Brother printer to scan to PDF?
- 3 How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my email?
- 4 How do I set up my Brother scanner?
- 5 Why will my printer print but not Scan?
- 6 How do I Scan a document from my printer to my computer?
- 7 How do I Scan documents to PDF?
- 8 How do I Scan from my Brother to my Mac?
- 9 How do I scan a document?
- 10 How do I scan a document from my printer to my email?
- 11 How do I setup my printer to scan to email?
- 12 How do I scan a document to my laptop Windows 10?
- 13 How do I connect my brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
Why can’t I scan from my Brother printer?
Check Firewall settings Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again.
How do I get my Brother printer to scan to PDF?
Click the DEVICE BUTTON tab for scanning from the Brother machines SCAN key or the SOFTWARE BUTTON tab for scanning from within the Control Center application. 4. From the File Type dropdown menu, select PDF and then click OK.
How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my email?
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- Click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
- Click Send E-mail.
- The Send E-mail dialog will appear. Configure the attached file settings, and click OK.
How do I set up my Brother scanner?
Install the scanner driver (For Windows)
- The installation screen will appear automatically. If prompted, choose your model and language.
- Choose Install Scanner Driver.
- Click Next.
- Read the agreement and check the I accept box.
- Click Next.
- Click Complete.
- Click Install.
- The SCANNER CONNECTION box will appear.
Why will my printer print but not Scan?
Check for a Firewall setting on your computer. Disable the Firewall on your computer and try the network scanning again. Temporarily change your firewall/security settings to allow network connection. Your computer’s firewall/security software may be preventing the network connection from being established.
How do I Scan a document from my printer to my computer?
What to Know
- In Windows, go to Start > Scan > Settings > Devices> Printers & Scanners.
- Then, choose a printer and select Manage > Scanner > Open scanner > Scan.
- On a Mac, go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners. Choose a printer and select Scan > Open Scanner > Scan.
How do I Scan documents to PDF?
Scan a paper document to PDF using a preset (Windows)
- Choose Tools > Create PDF > Scanner > [document preset]. Note:
- Click Scan.
- If prompted to scan more pages, select Scan More Pages, Scan Reverse Sides, or Scan Is Complete, and click OK.
How do I Scan from my Brother to my Mac?
Follow the steps below:
- Connect your Brother machine to the Macintosh using a USB cable.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
- Click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Choose the machine from the list on the left side of the screen.
- Click Scan and then click Open Scanner.
How do I scan a document?
Scan a document
- Open the Google Drive app.
- In the bottom right, tap Add.
- Tap Scan.
- Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan. Adjust scan area: Tap Crop. Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page. Scan another page: Tap Add.
- To save the finished document, tap Done.
How do I scan a document from my printer to my email?
How do I scan from printer to email?
- Open your scanning app.
- Scan your document.
- Save it.
- Look up your document.
- Right-click on it.
- Select “Share” and then “Mail”.
- Compose your email.
- Send your email.
How do I setup my printer to scan to email?
In the Printer Settings area, click Additional Settings, and then click Open Embedded Web Server. In the Scan Settings area, click Scan to Email, and then click Begin Scan to Email Setup.
How do I scan a document to my laptop Windows 10?
Scan a picture or document with Windows Scan app
- Make sure your scanner is turned on.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Windows Scan, and then select Scan from the results.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Scan page, do the following:
- Select Scan at the bottom of the screen to scan your document or picture.
How do I connect my brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.