Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
- 1 Why is my Brother scanner not connecting to my computer?
- 2 How do I connect my Brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
- 3 How do I get my Brother printer to recognize my computer?
- 4 How do I connect my brother scanner to my computer?
- 5 How do I scan a document from my printer to my laptop?
- 6 How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my email?
- 7 How do I connect my scanner to my computer wirelessly?
- 8 Why won’t my HP printer scan to my computer?
- 9 Why does my scanner not work on my HP printer?
- 10 How do I activate the scanner on my HP printer?
Why is my Brother scanner not connecting to my computer?
If your machine is connected using a network connection, and the issue only occurs when scanning from the “Scan to” option on your machine, then the issue is caused by the computer having two or more active network connections. A firewall or security application may be blocking your Brother machine’s communication.
How do I connect my Brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
How do I get my Brother printer to recognize my computer?
Do the following steps to solve the problem:
- Check the status of your Brother machine.
- Check the connection of your Brother machine and the computer.
- Check the printer driver settings.
- Try printing from another application.
- Restart your Brother machine and the computer.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
How do I connect my brother scanner to my computer?
The overall steps will be the same.
- Open Brother iPrint&Scan:
- The program will search for your machine.
- Click Machine Scan Settings.
- If this is the first time that you’ve configured the scan settings, you will receive the following screen, based on your operating system:
- Click Machine Scan Settings.
- Click PC.
How do I scan a document from my printer to my laptop?
In Windows, go to Start > Scan > Settings > Devices> Printers & Scanners. Then, choose a printer and select Manage > Scanner > Open scanner > Scan.
How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my email?
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- Click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
- Click Send E-mail.
- The Send E-mail dialog will appear. Configure the attached file settings, and click OK.
How do I connect my scanner to my computer wirelessly?
Install or add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth scanner
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners or use the following button. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby scanners, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
Why won’t my HP printer scan to my computer?
Printer scanning to computer may not work because scan to PC setting is either disabled. The other reason behind scan function not working can be that the complete drivers are not installed on the system or PC. Then, restart both the PC & printer and try to scan again using HP printer. HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Why does my scanner not work on my HP printer?
A missing or outdated scanner driver can cause your HP scanner not to work, so you should update your scanner driver up to date. There are two ways to update your scanner driver: manually and automatically. Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
How do I activate the scanner on my HP printer?
Enable scanning to a computer (Windows)
- Open the HP Printer Assistant. Windows 10: From the Start menu, click All Apps, click HP, and then select the printer name.
- Go to the Scan section.
- Select Manage Scan to Computer.
- Click Enable.