Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass (Flatbed) or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), depending on the model of your Brother machine. Press the Scan key on the Brother machine and select Scan to PC -> File, or Scan to File.
- 1 Why will my Brother printer not scan to my computer?
- 2 How do I get my wireless printer to scan to my computer?
- 3 How do I Scan a document on my printer?
- 4 How do I Scan a document and email it?
- 5 How do I scan a document from my printer to my laptop?
- 6 How do I scan and email a document on my Brother printer?
- 7 How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer wirelessly?
- 8 Why can’t I Scan from my printer to my computer?
- 9 Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
Why will my Brother printer not scan to my computer?
Check Firewall settings Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again.
How do I get my wireless printer to scan to my computer?
Here’s a way to do it manually.
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners or use the following button. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby scanners, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I Scan a document on my printer?
Printer Scan: Place the original on the printer scanner glass or into the automatic document feeder (ADF). In Android, tap the Settings icon to select the input source, resolution, and color, and then tap Close. In iOS, tap the dropdown to select the paper size, quality, and color, and then tap Done.
How do I Scan a document and email it?
Open your email draft in your email app, and tap the attach file button. In the Android picker, tap Genius Scan. Tap the document you want to attach to your email, and tap the checkmark. Fill in the recipient and tap the Send button.
How do I scan a document from my printer to my laptop?
In Windows, go to Start > Scan > Settings > Devices> Printers & Scanners. Then, choose a printer and select Manage > Scanner > Open scanner > Scan.
How do I scan and email a document on my Brother printer?
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- Click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
- Click Send E-mail.
- The Send E-mail dialog will appear. Configure the attached file settings, and click OK.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer wirelessly?
Set up the wireless connection manually with the printer driver installed (For Windows)
- Make sure that the printer driver, Printer Setting Tool, and P-touch Editor are installed on your computer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Make sure the printer’s Wi-Fi LED is flashing.
- Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.
Why can’t I Scan from my printer to my computer?
Printer problems are caused by corrupted or outdated drivers, so you may need dedicated help in order to solve them. Once installed, click Scan to find outdated and bad printer drivers. Click the Update Your Drivers Now after the scan to start the repair/update process.
Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.