Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass (Flatbed) or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), depending on the model of your Brother machine. Press the Scan key on the Brother machine and select Scan to PC -> File, or Scan to File.
- 1 Why will my Brother printer not scan to my computer?
- 2 How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my Mac?
- 3 How do I scan a document from my printer to my laptop?
- 4 How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my email?
- 5 How do I scan from my Brother printer to my IPAD?
- 6 Why can’t I scan from my printer to my computer?
- 7 Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
- 8 Can print but Cannot scan?
- 9 How do I scan from my printer to my computer Windows 10?
- 10 Where do my scanned documents go on my computer?
- 11 How do I scan a document and send it?
Why will my Brother printer not scan to my computer?
Check Firewall settings Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again.
How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my Mac?
Please follow the steps below:
- Connect your Brother machine to the Macintosh using a USB cable.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
- Click on the Print & Scan icon.
- Choose the machine from the list on the left side of the screen and click on Open Print Queue.
- Click on the Scanner icon.
How do I scan a document from my printer to my laptop?
In Windows, go to Start > Scan > Settings > Devices> Printers & Scanners. Then, choose a printer and select Manage > Scanner > Open scanner > Scan.
How do I scan a document from my Brother printer to my email?
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- Click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
- Click Send E-mail.
- The Send E-mail dialog will appear. Configure the attached file settings, and click OK.
How do I scan from my Brother printer to my IPAD?
STEP B: Scan documents to your iOS device
- Load the document to scan in your Brother machine.
- Tap Scan.
- Tap Done or Scan.
- Tap Save to Photo Albums.
Why can’t I scan from my printer to my computer?
Check your USB cable and printer Check your USB cable from the printer to the Windows device and be sure it is plugged in. Check if your printer is running in normal parameters and all the lights are on. Check and see if you can print a document so that we resume ourselves only to the scanning feature of the printer.
Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
Can print but Cannot scan?
Check for a Firewall setting on your computer. Disable the Firewall on your computer and try the network scanning again. Temporarily change your firewall/security settings to allow network connection. Your computer’s firewall/security software may be preventing the network connection from being established.
How do I scan from my printer to my computer Windows 10?
Here’s a way to do it manually.
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners or use the following button. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby scanners, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
Where do my scanned documents go on my computer?
Usually, when you connect a scanner to your computer, Windows PC saves scanned documents in either the “My Documents” or “My Scans” folder by default. But for a Windows 10 user, you may find the files in the “Pictures” folder, especially if you saved them as images, such as.
How do I scan a document and send it?
How to scan on Android
- Tap the + icon on the bottom right corner of the Google Drive app.
- Hit the Scan button.
- Place the document face-up on a flat, well-lit surface.
- Focus your phone camera on the document, and capture the image.
- Review the resultant image, and resize or adjust it as required.