Make sure the flap is closed, load the envelope with the side to be printed on facing down, and the flap facing right.
For Windows® Users:
- 1 How do I print addresses directly on an envelope?
- 2 Why won’t my Brother printer print an envelope?
- 3 Where is the manual feed slot on a Brother printer?
- 4 Why won’t my printer print an envelope?
- 5 How do I print on envelopes?
- 6 How do I print small envelopes?
- 7 How do I manually print on my Brother printer?
- 8 Why does my Brother printer says manual feed insert paper?
- 9 How do you fill a Brother printer with paper?
How do I print addresses directly on an envelope?
Go to Envelopes and Labels > Options > Envelopes > Envelope Options to customize the envelope, the addresses’ position, and font. Go to Mailings > Envelopes > Envelopes and Labels. Select Print to send both the envelope and the letter to the printer.
Why won’t my Brother printer print an envelope?
The primary reason for the envelope problem can be the ink boxes. Either there is no ink in the ejector, or it is not fixed correctly in the printer. Size of the envelope: Too big or too small dimensions of the envelopes can lead to improper printing.
Where is the manual feed slot on a Brother printer?
On the front of the machine, open the manual feed slot cover. Use both hands to slide the manual feed slot paper guides to fit the width of the paper you are using. Using both hands, put one full sheet of paper or one envelope in the manual feed slot until the front edge touches the paper feed roller.
Why won’t my printer print an envelope?
If you have such a printer and do not have those cartridges installed, or they are empty, then envelopes may not print. You can change the behavior by reformatting the Envelope Address Style so that the color of the font is set to Automatic rather than black.
How do I print on envelopes?
Print an envelope
- Go to Mailings > Envelopes, and enter delivery and return addresses.
- Place the blank envelope in the printer tray, according to the diagram in the Feed box.
- Select Print.
How do I print small envelopes?
Verify printing options
- On the Mailings tab, in the Create group, click Envelopes.
- Click Options, and then click the Envelope Options tab.
- In the Envelope size box, click the choice that matches the size of your envelope.
- Click the Printing Options tab.
- Load the envelope as indicated in the dialog box.
- Click OK.
How do I manually print on my Brother printer?
NOTE: The steps and screens may differ depending on the operating system being used.
- Select Print from the File menu and open the Print dialog.
- Select Standard or Default Settings for Presets.
- Select Print Settings from the print options pop-up menu.
- Click Basic and select Tray1 for Paper Source. Click Print.
Why does my Brother printer says manual feed insert paper?
“Manual Feed” is an indication that your machine’s Tray Setting or the paper source in the printer driver has been set to Manual Feed, but there’s no paper loaded in the manual feed slot. Load a sheet of paper in the manual feed slot. The document should print and clear the error message.
How do you fill a Brother printer with paper?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine.
- Press and slide the paper guides to fit the paper.
- Fan the stack of paper well.
- Load paper in the paper tray with the printing surface face down.
- Make sure the paper is below the maximum paper mark ( ).