Open the manual feed slot cover. Using both hands, slide the manual feed paper guides to the width of the paper that you are going to use. Using both hands, put one piece of paper in the manual feed slot until the front edge of the paper touches the paper feed roller. Once the machine has grasped the paper, let go.
- 1 How do I manually feed my Brother printer?
- 2 How do I set my printer to manual feed?
- 3 What is manual feed slot in Brother printer?
- 4 What does it mean to manually feed output stack?
- 5 Can you not put paper in manual feed?
- 6 Where is the manual feeder on a printer?
- 7 How do I change my printer to paper tray?
- 8 How do I turn off manual feed on my printer?
- 9 How do I change my printer from Tray 1 to Tray 2?
- 10 Why does my Brother printer say manual feed?
- 11 How do you feed printer paper?
- 12 How do you open a brother paper tray?
How do I manually feed my Brother printer?
On the front of the machine, open the manual feed slot cover. Use both hands to slide the manual feed slot paper guides to fit the width of the paper you are using. Using both hands, put one full sheet of paper or one envelope in the manual feed slot until the front edge touches the paper feed roller.
How do I set my printer to manual feed?
Printing using manual feed
- Make sure that the product is idle and the Ready light is on.
- Access the product Properties dialog box.
- Click the Paper/Quality tab.
- Select Manual Feed from the Source is drop-down list.
- Load paper or an envelope into the priority feed slot, depending on the print job.
What is manual feed slot in Brother printer?
“Manual Feed” is an indication that your machine’s Tray Setting or the paper source in the printer driver has been set to Manual Feed, but there’s no paper loaded in the manual feed slot. 1. Load a sheet of paper in the manual feed slot. The document should print and clear the error message.
What does it mean to manually feed output stack?
That message is usually generated when you have selected duplex printing but printer does not have a duplex unit installed and so it wants the pages refed so that it can print the other side of the pages.
Can you not put paper in manual feed?
Do not put more than one piece of paper in the manual feed slot at any one time, as it may cause a jam. If you put any Media (paper, transparency and so on) in the manual feed slot before the machine is in the Ready state, the media may be ejected without being printed on.
Where is the manual feeder on a printer?
The manual feed slot is located on the front of your printer. It can be closed when not in use, making the product more compact. Use the manual feed slot to print transparencies, labels, envelopes or postcards in addition to making quick runs of paper types or sizes that are not currently loaded in the paper tray.
How do I change my printer to paper tray?
NOTE: The steps may differ depending on your application.
- From within your application, click File => Print.
- Click Properties.
- Click on the Basic tab.
- In the Paper Source dropdown choose the Tray that you want to print from.
- Click Apply => OK.
- Click OK or PRINT, depending on your application.
How do I turn off manual feed on my printer?
Follow these steps to make sure manual feed mode is Off.
- Press the Power button ( ) to make sure the product is on.
- Open the Properties window for the product:
- In the Properties window, select the Paper/Quality tab, select Automatic or the appropriate tray from the Source is: drop-down list, and then click Apply.
How do I change my printer from Tray 1 to Tray 2?
Right-click your product, and then select Printing Preferences. From the Printing Preferences menu, select Paper/Quality. From the Paper Source drop -down menu, select Tray 2.
Why does my Brother printer say manual feed?
Select Print Settings from the print options pop-up menu. Click Basic and select Auto Select or Tray1 for Paper Source. Click Print. The Auto Select setting will automatically pull paper from any paper source (tray or manual feed slot) that has a defined paper size that matches your document.
How do you feed printer paper?
Loading Paper in the Printer
- Open the rear paper feed slot and extend the paper support.
- Slide the edge guide left.
- Insert paper, glossy or printable side up and short edge first, against the right side and behind the tab.
- Slide the edge guide against the paper, but not too tightly.
How do you open a brother paper tray?
Close the output paper tray cover. Slowly push the paper tray completely into the machine. While holding the paper tray in place, pull out the paper support (1) until it clicks, and then unfold the paper support flap (2).