To connect the printer and your computer:
- Connect your computer to your wireless router/access point. (You can skip this step if your computer is already connected to a Wi-Fi® network.)
- Connect your Brother printer to the same wireless router/access point.
- Connect your Brother printer and your computer.
- 1 How do I wirelessly connect my printer to my computer?
- 2 Why is my Brother printer not connecting to WiFi?
- 3 Why can’t My Computer find my wireless printer?
- 4 How do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
- 5 How do I turn on WiFi on my Brother printer?
- 6 How do I reset the WiFi on my Brother printer?
- 7 How do I get my Brother printer to print wirelessly?
- 8 How do I make my Brother printer discoverable?
- 9 Why is my Brother printer not discoverable?
- 10 How can I tell if my printer is connected to WiFi?
- 11 How do I make my network printer discoverable?
How do I wirelessly connect my printer to my computer?
How to connect your printer
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.” Source: Windows Central.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Turn on the printer.
- Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Select the printer from the results.
- Click Add device.
Why is my Brother printer not connecting to WiFi?
Primary Guide to Solve Brother Printer WiFi Connection Problem. First of all power off the Brother printer and router for minimum one minute and then power on it back. Then turn off the Wi- Fi on your Brother printer and then again turn it on. Try to connect your Brother printer to the Wifi using WPS method.
Why can’t My Computer find my wireless printer?
Run the printer troubleshooter. If your computer can’t detect your wireless printer, you can also try to fix the problem by running the built-in printer troubleshooter. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter >run the printer troubleshooter.
How do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
Add a local printer
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click Devices.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
How do I turn on WiFi on my Brother printer?
Enable the Brother machine’s network interface.
- Press Menu.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Wired LAN or WLAN.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Wired Enable or WLAN Enable.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select On or Off.
- Press OK.
How do I reset the WiFi on my Brother printer?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Press. (Settings) > All Settings > Network > Network Reset.
- Reset Network? will be displayed. Press Yes.
- Reboot OK? will be displayed. Press Yes for two seconds to confirm. The machine will restart.
How do I get my Brother printer to print wirelessly?
Press and hold the Wireless Mode button for one second to turn on the wireless mode. When the Wi-Fi LED is lit, release the Wireless Mode button. Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable. Start the Printer Setting Tool on the computer, and click [Communication Settings].
How do I make my Brother printer discoverable?
Configure the wireless settings:
- Place the Brother machine within range of your WPS or AOSS™ access point/router.
- Make sure that the power cord is plugged in.
- Turn on the machine and wait until the machine is in the Ready state.
- Hold down the WPS or AOSS™ button on your WLAN access point/router for a few seconds.
Why is my Brother printer not discoverable?
Verify that all devices on the network where your PC and the Brother machine are connected work correctly. Turn off the Brother machine and turn it back on. The built-in network card may not work for some reason. Turn off the Brother machine and turn it back on, this will reset the network card.
How can I tell if my printer is connected to WiFi?
To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. On many printers pressing the Wireless button allows direct access to printing this report. Consult your manual for instructions.
How do I make my network printer discoverable?
Select Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings. In the Advanced sharing settings dialog box, expand the Private section. Next, under Network discovery, select Turn on network discovery. Under File and printer sharing, select Turn on file and printer sharing.