You can connect most Brother printers to nearly any laptop.
- Go to Brother-USA.com.
- Select “Printers” under the “Select Product Group” drop-down menu.
- Select your computer’s operating system.
- Restart your computer.
- Turn on your computer and printer and wait for your computer to recognize and establish the USB connection.
- 1 How do I get my Brother printer to recognize my computer?
- 2 How do I setup my Brother printer wirelessly?
- 3 Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my computer?
- 4 How can I connect my printer to my laptop?
- 5 How do I connect my Brother printer to my laptop without the CD?
- 6 Why will my laptop not connect to my printer?
- 7 Why can’t My Brother printer find my WiFi?
- 8 How do I connect my Brother printer to my laptop with cable?
- 9 How do I connect my Brother wireless printer without cable?
- 10 Why is my printer not discoverable?
- 11 How do I get my computer to recognize my wireless printer?
- 12 How do I get my printer to connect wirelessly?
How do I get my Brother printer to recognize my computer?
Do the following steps to solve the problem:
- Check the status of your Brother machine.
- Check the connection of your Brother machine and the computer.
- Check the printer driver settings.
- Try printing from another application.
- Restart your Brother machine and the computer.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
How do I setup my Brother printer wirelessly?
To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my computer?
Ensure that the power LED on the printer is stable and not flickering. Check the connection between the computer and the Brother Printer; ensure that the computer is connected to the printer. Ensure that the printer status has not stopped. Ensure that the Brother Printer driver is up-to-date.
How can I connect my printer to my laptop?
Simply plug the USB cable from your printer into an available USB port on your PC, and turn the printer on. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my laptop without the CD?
Turn on your computer if it isn’t already on. You should already have installed the printer drivers. Open the printer network driver and select the configure option, choosing the “Brother Peer-to-Peer Network.” Connect the USB cable to the printer and computer.
Why will my laptop not connect to my printer?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
Why can’t My Brother printer find my WiFi?
First of all power off the Brother printer and router for minimum one minute and then power on it back. Then turn off the Wi-Fi on your Brother printer and then again turn it on. Now try to connect your Brother printer to the WiFi now. Try to connect your Brother printer to the Wifi using WPS method.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my laptop with cable?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Make sure that the printer is turned off before connecting the USB cable.
- Connect the printer end of the USB cable to the USB port on the side of the printer.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the USB port on the computer.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
How do I connect my Brother wireless printer without cable?
Press and hold the WiFi button on your machine for about 2 seconds, until the light begins to blink. The WiFi button will light up when connected. You have completed Wireless Setup on your Brother machine.
Why is my printer not discoverable?
Restart the printer and try again. Unplug the printer from an outlet. You can plug it back in again to see if it works this time. Check if the printer is properly set up or connected to your computer’s system.
How do I get my computer to recognize my wireless printer?
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.”
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner. Source: Windows Central.
- Choose The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Select Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer.
- Choose the connected printer.
How do I get my printer to connect wirelessly?
Open Settings and find Printing to add a printer. Once your printer is added, open the app you’re printing from and tap the three dots that indicate more options (usually in the upper right corner) to find and select the Print option.