Resetting the Brother to Factory Default
- Press the “Menu” key.
- Type in the model code for your Brother copier: Press “4” then “4” for MCF models Press “3” then “4” for DCP-8085DN Press “3” then “3” for DCP-8080DN.
- Press the up arrow key until “Reset” on the menu is highlighted.
- Press the “Stop/Exit” key.
- 1 How do I clear my printer’s memory?
- 2 Do Brother printers have memory?
- 3 How do I reset my Brother printer to factory settings?
- 4 How do I delete printer history?
- 5 How do I clear the memory on my Brother fax machine?
- 6 What does out of memory mean on a Brother printer?
- 7 How do you clear the memory from a Brother MFC 7860dw?
- 8 Where is the reset button on a Brother printer?
- 9 Is there a reset button on Brother printers?
How do I clear my printer’s memory?
Click “See What’s Printing.” Open the “Printer” menu, pick “Cancel All Documents” and choose “Yes.” The list should clear within a few seconds. If one or more print jobs remain on the list, reboot your computer to clear out the memory.
Do Brother printers have memory?
All Brother printers have sufficient standard memory for everyday home and office printing. If you are printing more complex documents such as graphics, photographs, charts, or specialized fonts, the printer may require additional memory.
How do I reset my Brother printer to factory settings?
Press the Up arrow key select Reset.
- Press the Settings button.
- Press All Settings.
- Press Initial Setup.
- Press Reset.
- Press All Settings or Factory Reset (depends on which model you have).
- Press Yes.
- Press Yes again and hold for two seconds.
How do I delete printer history?
How to Delete Printer History
- Click the “Hardware and Sound” link in the Control Panel options. Select the “Printers” link in the Hardware and Sound sub-menu.
- Locate your printer’s icon link in the pop-up window that appears.
- Right-click over the printer history and/or activity you want to delete.
How do I clear the memory on my Brother fax machine?
How do I delete the faxes that are stored in my Brother machine’s memory?
- To erase the faxes stored in your Brother machine’s Message Center memory, follow these steps:
- Press the ERASE key.
- Press the LEFT OR RIGHT ARROW key to select Fax.
- Press the SET key.
- Do one of the following:
- – Press 1 to erase the faxes.
What does out of memory mean on a Brother printer?
The “Out of Memory” message means the memory capacity of the unit has been exceeded. There are different times when the “Out of Memory” message may appear on your Brother machine’s display, such as when you make multiple copies or print from a PC.
How do you clear the memory from a Brother MFC 7860dw?
Delete the faxes stored in my Brother machine’s memory.
- Press MENU or MENU/SET and choose Fax => Remote Fax Opt => Fwd/Page/Store or Forward/Store.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose Off.
- Press the OK or MENU/SET key.
- Press 1.
- Press the STOP/EXIT key.
[Settings]>[All Settings]>[Initial Setup]>[Reset]. to display the type of reset functions, and then press the reset function you want to use. The LCD displays [Machine will reboot after resetting. Press [OK] for 2 seconds to confirm.].
Easiest and Best Way to Reset Brother Printer: Go to the “Settings” option and press “All Settings”. After that, go to the “Initial Setup” section and press the “Reset” button. Press the Up and Down keys to display the type of reset function, and then press the reset function key that you want to use.