FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Make sure that the machine is turned on.
- Open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the machine.
- Push down the lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge and pull off the protective cover.
How do I change my printer toner?
Steps for Replacing Toner
- Step 1: Open the front cover.
- Step 2: Remove the empty toner cartridge. Cartridges will be in different locations depending on the device.
- Step 3: Remove the new toner cartridge from its packaging.
- Step 4: Insert the new cartridge into the machine.
- Step 5: Close the front cover.
Why does my Brother printer not recognize my toner cartridge?
Turn off the power and unplug the printer from the outlet and let it sit for 10 or so minutes. Plug it back in and re-insert the cartridge. Turn the power back on and this should work and your new cartridge should work!
How do I clean the drum on my Brother printer?
Clean the roller by gently wiping the entire surface of the drum with an alcohol swab, such as a medical pad or wipe, or cotton swab lightly moistened with isopropyl alcohol (91% strength alcohol is preferred, but 70 75% strength alcohol is also acceptable).
How do you dispose of toner cartridges?
Toner cartridges should always be disposed of in an appropriate container or bin and shouldn’t be treated like a regular trash item. If you’re at home, you can put your cartridges in the recycling bin. At the office, find out if a recycling program is already in place.