Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
- 1 Why will my Brother printer not scan to my computer?
- 2 How do I fix my Brother printer not scanning?
- 3 How do I get my wireless printer to scan to my computer?
- 4 How do I scan from printer to computer?
- 5 Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
- 6 Why does my printer print but not Scan?
- 7 Why is my wireless scanner not connecting to my computer?
- 8 How do I connect my brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
- 9 How do I scan from my Brother printer to my computer windows 7?
- 10 How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer wirelessly?
Why will my Brother printer not scan to my computer?
Check Firewall settings Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again.
How do I fix my Brother printer not scanning?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Step 1: Verify the Brother machine is powered on and there are no errors.
- Step 2: Check the connection.
- Step 3: Check your Brother machine is available to print.
- Step 4: Check the scanner driver.
- Step 5: Check the IP Address of your Brother machine.
- Step 6: Set the IP Address on the Scanner Driver.
How do I get my wireless printer to scan to my computer?
Here’s a way to do it manually.
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners or use the following button. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby scanners, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I scan from printer to computer?
In Windows, go to Start > Scan > Settings > Devices> Printers & Scanners. Then, choose a printer and select Manage > Scanner > Open scanner > Scan.
Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
Why does my printer print but not Scan?
Printer scanning to computer may not work because scan to PC setting is either disabled. The other reason behind scan function not working can be that the complete drivers are not installed on the system or PC. Then, restart both the PC & printer and try to scan again using HP printer. HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Why is my wireless scanner not connecting to my computer?
One simple reason your computer may not detect the scanner is a loose connection. Check the USB and AC adapter cords and all connections to make sure they’re tight and secure. Examine the cables themselves for signs of damage that may prevent them from working properly.
How do I connect my brother scanner to my computer wirelessly?
To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
How do I scan from my Brother printer to my computer windows 7?
Scan with Windows Fax and Scan – Windows 7
- Click. → All Programs → Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- Choose your Brother scanner driver and then click OK.
- Choose your preferred scanner settings and then click Scan.
- The machine will begin to scan.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer wirelessly?
Set up the wireless connection manually with the printer driver installed (For Windows)
- Make sure that the printer driver, Printer Setting Tool, and P-touch Editor are installed on your computer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Make sure the printer’s Wi-Fi LED is flashing.
- Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.