Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
- 1 Why will my Brother printer not scan to my computer?
- 2 How do I set up my Brother printer to scan?
- 3 How do I fix my Brother printer not scanning?
- 4 Why will my printer print but not scan?
- 5 Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
- 6 Why is my wireless scanner not connecting to my computer?
- 7 How do I setup my printer to scan?
- 8 How do I scan a document?
- 9 How do I get my Brother printer to scan to email?
- 10 What is the ADF on a Brother printer?
- 11 How do I check my scanner connection?
- 12 How do I Scan from my Brother MFC printer to my computer?
- 13 How do I fix my printer that won’t Scan?
Why will my Brother printer not scan to my computer?
Check Firewall settings Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again.
How do I set up my Brother printer to scan?
STEP A: Configure the Scan to File feature
- Open the ControlCenter. Brother Utilities supported models. Open Brother Utilities.
- Open Device Scan Settings window. In Home Mode: Click Device Settings tab > Device Scan Settings.
- The Device Scan Settings window will appear. Click the File tab and select PDF(*.
- Go to STEP B.
How do I fix my Brother printer not scanning?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Step 1: Verify the Brother machine is powered on and there are no errors.
- Step 2: Check the connection.
- Step 3: Check your Brother machine is available to print.
- Step 4: Check the scanner driver.
- Step 5: Check the IP Address of your Brother machine.
- Step 6: Set the IP Address on the Scanner Driver.
Why will my printer print but not scan?
Check for a Firewall setting on your computer. Disable the Firewall on your computer and try the network scanning again. Temporarily change your firewall/security settings to allow network connection. Your computer’s firewall/security software may be preventing the network connection from being established.
Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
Why is my wireless scanner not connecting to my computer?
One simple reason your computer may not detect the scanner is a loose connection. Check the USB and AC adapter cords and all connections to make sure they’re tight and secure. Examine the cables themselves for signs of damage that may prevent them from working properly.
How do I setup my printer to scan?
To connect a wireless printer, follow these steps:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners > Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I scan a document?
Scan a document
- Open the Google Drive app.
- In the bottom right, tap Add.
- Tap Scan.
- Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan. Adjust scan area: Tap Crop. Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page. Scan another page: Tap Add.
- To save the finished document, tap Done.
How do I get my Brother printer to scan to email?
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- Click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
- Click Send E-mail.
- The Send E-mail dialog will appear. Configure the attached file settings, and click OK.
What is the ADF on a Brother printer?
The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) can hold up to 20 pages and feeds each sheet individually.
How do I check my scanner connection?
Verify your scanner is installed
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Under Printers & devices, look for your scanner.
How do I Scan from my Brother MFC printer to my computer?
Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass (Flatbed) or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), depending on the model of your Brother machine. Press the Scan key on the Brother machine and select Scan to PC -> File, or Scan to File.
How do I fix my printer that won’t Scan?
Turning the printer off and back on can also fix scanning and printing issues. This activity known as power cycling, which can reinitialize a scanner’s configuration parameters. Switch off the printer and unplug its cable. Then plug in again and turn it on about 10 to 20 minutes later.