The error message “Check Connection” appears when you scan using the SCAN key on my Brother machine. The “Check Connection” means the Brother machine does not see the connection of the USB cable, LAN cable, or wireless network. Please verify your connection between your PC and your Brother machine.
- 1 How do I fix the check connection on my Brother printer?
- 2 Why is my Brother scanner not connecting to my computer?
- 3 How do I check if my Brother printer is connected to my network?
- 4 Why is my Brother printer not connecting to WiFi?
- 5 Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
- 6 Why will my printer print but not Scan?
- 7 Why is my printer working but not my scanner?
- 8 How do I get my Brother printer to connect to WIFI?
- 9 Is Brother printer connected to WIFI?
- 10 How do I setup my printer to scan?
How do I fix the check connection on my Brother printer?
How to fix Brother Printer Error Check Connection
- To resolve the issue of ‘Check Connection’ error message, Brother recommends uninstalling and restarting the system and then reinstalling the application.
- Try to scan a document using the ‘Scan’ option from the Control Center software.
Why is my Brother scanner not connecting to my computer?
Check Firewall settings Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again.
How do I check if my Brother printer is connected to my network?
Click Start, All Programs (Programs for Windows 2000 users), Accessories then select Command Prompt. Enter ipconfig. (C:>ipconfig) and press Enter. You should receive information about your computer’s network connection.
Why is my Brother printer not connecting to WiFi?
Primary Guide to Solve Brother Printer WiFi Connection Problem. First of all power off the Brother printer and router for minimum one minute and then power on it back. Then turn off the Wi- Fi on your Brother printer and then again turn it on. Try to connect your Brother printer to the Wifi using WPS method.
Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
Why will my printer print but not Scan?
Check for a Firewall setting on your computer. Disable the Firewall on your computer and try the network scanning again. Temporarily change your firewall/security settings to allow network connection. Your computer’s firewall/security software may be preventing the network connection from being established.
Why is my printer working but not my scanner?
Printer scanning to computer may not work because scan to PC setting is either disabled. The other reason behind scan function not working can be that the complete drivers are not installed on the system or PC. Then, restart both the PC & printer and try to scan again using HP printer. HP Print and Scan Doctor.
How do I get my Brother printer to connect to WIFI?
To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
Is Brother printer connected to WIFI?
Wireless Direct allows you to connect the printer to your computer or mobile device directly without a Wi-Fi access point/router; the printer serves as a Wi-Fi access point. Confirm the Wireless Direct settings of the printer. When you connect to a mobile device, use a Windows PC or Mac to confirm the settings.
How do I setup my printer to scan?
To connect a wireless printer, follow these steps:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners > Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.