- Switch-off the printer.
- Press and hold the on/off button.
- When all the LEDs turn on, open the cover and remove the toner cartridge + drum unit.
- Release the on/off button.
- Re-install the toner cartridge + drum unit back into the printer and close the printer cover.
- 1 How do you trick a Brother printer toner?
- 2 How do I get my Brother printer to recognize toner cartridges?
- 3 How do I bypass Toner life end on my brother?
- 4 Why does my Brother printer keep saying no toner?
- 5 How do I reset my brother tn 420 toner?
- 6 How do I reset my Brother HL L2350dw toner?
- 7 How do I reset my Brother HL 2240 toner?
How do you trick a Brother printer toner?
A simple trick on many Brother printers showing a “low toner” warning is to simply pop the cartridge out of the printer, wait a moment, and push it back in. This resets the printer memory and tells the machine to “look again” at toner levels. This can allow you to get more out of your Brother toner cartridge.
How do I get my Brother printer to recognize toner cartridges?
Turn off the power and unplug the printer from the outlet and let it sit for 10 or so minutes. Plug it back in and re-insert the cartridge. Turn the power back on and this should work and your new cartridge should work!
How do I bypass Toner life end on my brother?
To reset the ‘Toner Life End’/’Replace Toner’ message on Brother MFC monochrome (black and white) printers:
- Open the door and press the Clear/Back key.
- Press *00.
- Press OK.
- Do not choose anything for drum replacement. When the drum replacement menu comes up, press * and then 00, then press OK.
Why does my Brother printer keep saying no toner?
The message ‘No Toner’ indicates that the toner cartridge or the toner cartridge and drum unit are not installed correctly. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum by holding down the green lock lever on the left side of the drum unit and lifting the toner out. Handle the toner cartridge carefully.
How do I reset my brother tn 420 toner?
Press the “Go” button 2 times – The “Toner, Drum, and Error” LEDs will turn ON. Press the “Go” button 6 times for a TN420 or Press the “Go” button 7 times for Brother TN450. Close the front cover after “Error” LED starts to flash. Finally, The reset procedure has been completed.
How do I reset my Brother HL L2350dw toner?
How to Reset Toner on Brother HL-L2350dw, HL-L2370dw
- With power on, open the front cover.
- Press BACK and GO buttons at the same time.
- Press BACK button one more time by itself.
- Press Down Arrow to select the correct toner type:
How do I reset my Brother HL 2240 toner?
Brother HL-2240 – Reset Toner Cartridge Open the printer front cover. Hold the Go button while turning the printer on. When the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs are on and the Ready LED is off, release the GO button. All of the LEDs will turn off.