Black, cyan, magenta, or yellow vertical lines or streaks can be caused by a dirty corona wire, a toner cartridge, or the drum unit. Follow the steps below to clean the corona wire and the drum roller.
- 1 How do you fix the lines when printing on paper?
- 2 How do you clean the drum roller on a Brother printer?
- 3 What causes a printer to print streaks?
- 4 How do I get my Brother printer to clean itself?
- 5 How do you unclog a print nozzle?
- 6 What causes black lines on paper when printing?
- 7 What causes lines on copies?
- 8 How do I know if my printer drum is bad?
- 9 How do I reset my Brother printer drum?
- 10 How do you check the drum life on a Brother printer?
How do you fix the lines when printing on paper?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge.
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
How do you clean the drum roller on a Brother printer?
Clean the roller by gently wiping the entire surface of the drum with an alcohol swab, such as a medical pad or wipe, or cotton swab lightly moistened with isopropyl alcohol (91% strength alcohol is preferred, but 70 75% strength alcohol is also acceptable).
What causes a printer to print streaks?
Streaking is usually caused by a worn out drum unit or spent toner cartridge. Reinstall the toner cartridge and run a test print. If the quality does not improve, check your printer’s user guide to see if there is a cartridge cleaning function built into the machine.
How do I get my Brother printer to clean itself?
Press or to select the following:
- Select [General Setup]. Press OK.
- Select [Maintenance]. Press OK.
- Select [Print Head Cleaning]. Press OK.
- Select [Black only], [Colour only], or [All]. Press OK.
- Select [Normal], [Strong], or [Strongest]. Press OK.
How do you unclog a print nozzle?
If they’re on the cartridge, and the cartridge is mostly empty, you can just replace it. The new nozzles will obviously be unclogged. Seriously clogged nozzles can be cleared with some isopropyl alcohol and another run through the clean cycle.
What causes black lines on paper when printing?
Cause: Inside the printer the paper is moved along by rollers and often a piece of film like a conveyor belt (called a transfer belt). Also, if a blob of dirt or old toner is stuck to a roller or the transfer belt, it smudges a line down the paper as it passes.
What causes lines on copies?
Vertical lines on copies, sent faxes, or scanned documents are typically caused by dirt, ink, corrective fluid, or other debris stuck on the ADF scanner glass. Cleaning the ADF scanner glass properly should resolve this issue.
How do I know if my printer drum is bad?
The most obvious is most common on laser color printers and can be detected by a flashing message on the printer display screen. Other signs of a bad printer drum include printing blank pages, printing gray pages and strange sounds coming from the printer as it prints.
How do I reset my Brother printer drum?
Reset the Drum Counter
- Close the front cover.
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Press. (Settings).
- Press All Settings. (This step might be skipped in some models.)
- Choose Machine Info. or Machine Information => Parts Life.
- Press and hold Drum or Drum Life until the machine’s display message changes.
- Press Yes.
How do you check the drum life on a Brother printer?
Can I check the remaining life of my Brother machine’s drum?
- Press MENU and choose Machine Info. => Drum Life.
- Press the OK key. Your Brother machine’s LCD will display the percentage of remaining drum life.
- Press the STOP/EXIT key.