To resolve the issue of ‘Check Connection’ error message, Brother recommends uninstalling and restarting the system and then reinstalling the application. Try to scan a document using the ‘Scan‘ option from the Control Center software. If it’s turned on, turn it off and try scanning the document again.
- 1 Why is my Brother scanner not connecting to my computer?
- 2 Why does my Brother printer keep saying error?
- 3 Why will my printer print but not scan?
- 4 How do I fix a Brother printer that is not connected?
- 5 How do I get my Brother scanner to Scan to my computer?
- 6 Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
- 7 How do I clear a Brother printer error?
- 8 How do I get my printer out of error state?
- 9 How do I reset my Brother printer error?
- 10 How do I fix my printer that won’t scan?
- 11 How do I fix a scanner that won’t scan?
- 12 How do I enable my printer to scan?
- 13 How do I reset my Brother printer WIFI?
- 14 How do I setup my Brother printer wirelessly?
- 15 How do I make my Brother printer discoverable?
Why is my Brother scanner not connecting to my computer?
Check Firewall settings Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again.
Why does my Brother printer keep saying error?
Difficulty printing from your PC can occur for various reasons. The most common reason a networked Brother machine may stop printing, is because the connection between the computer and the Brother machine is lost. This can occur as a result of wrong settings or configuration of the printer driver.
Why will my printer print but not scan?
Check for a Firewall setting on your computer. Disable the Firewall on your computer and try the network scanning again. Temporarily change your firewall/security settings to allow network connection. Your computer’s firewall/security software may be preventing the network connection from being established.
How do I fix a Brother printer that is not connected?
Steps to Reset the WiFi Connection on Brother Printer
- Firstly turn on your Brother printer.
- Then press the Menu button on the control panel of the printers.
- Now select Network and press Ok.
- After that select Network Reset and press Ok.
- Press Reset and then select Yes.
How do I get my Brother scanner to Scan to my computer?
Method 1: Windows FAX and Scan
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8)
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
Why isn’t my scanner connecting to my computer?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
How do I clear a Brother printer error?
To clear these messages, follow these steps:
- Press the ON/OFF key to turn the Brother machine off.
- Unplug the Brother machine from the electrical outlet.
- Wait approximately ten seconds.
- Plug the Brother machine back into the electrical outlet.
- Press the ON/OFF key to turn the Brother machine on.
How do I get my printer out of error state?
Sometimes, simply restarting both your computer and printer can be the solution to the “printer in error state” issue. Power off your printer and computer completely, leaving them in this state for a few minutes, then turn them on again to see if the problem is gone.
How do I reset my Brother printer error?
Press the Up arrow key select Reset.
- Press the Settings button.
- Press All Settings.
- Press Initial Setup.
- Press Reset.
- Press All Settings or Factory Reset (depends on which model you have).
- Press Yes.
- Press Yes again and hold for two seconds.
How do I fix my printer that won’t scan?
My printer won’t scan: How can I fix it?
- Check your USB cable and printer.
- Update your printer drivers.
- Get the latest printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter.
How do I fix a scanner that won’t scan?
How to fix HP scanner not working
- Check the connection issue.
- Enable Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service and associated services.
- Update your scanner driver.
- Troubleshoot hardware problems.
- Run System File Checker.
How do I enable my printer to scan?
- Search Windows for your printer model name, and click the printer name in the list of results. HP Printer Assistant opens.
- Click Scanner Actions, and then click Manage Scan to Computer.
- Click Enable to activate the scan to computer option.
How do I reset my Brother printer WIFI?
Reset the Network Settings to the Factory Settings
- Press. (Settings) > All Settings > Network > Network Reset.
- Reset Network? will be displayed. Press Yes.
- Reboot OK? will be displayed. Press Yes for two seconds to confirm. The machine will restart.
How do I setup my Brother printer wirelessly?
To set up your Brother machine on a wireless network:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket.
- Press Menu button on the machine’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
How do I make my Brother printer discoverable?
Configure the wireless settings:
- Place the Brother machine within range of your WPS or AOSS™ access point/router.
- Make sure that the power cord is plugged in.
- Turn on the machine and wait until the machine is in the Ready state.
- Hold down the WPS or AOSS™ button on your WLAN access point/router for a few seconds.