Streaking is usually caused by a worn out drum unit or spent toner cartridge. Remove the cartridge and rock it back and forth a few times over a trashcan to evenly redistribute the toner powder. Some toner powder may emit from the cartridge as you do this. Reinstall the toner cartridge and run a test print.
- 1 Why is my HP printer streaking?
- 2 What causes a printer to print streaks?
- 3 How do I stop my HP printer from streaking?
- 4 How do you fix printer smears?
- 5 Why is my HP printer not printing well?
- 6 Why is printer not printing clearly?
- 7 Why does my ink smear when I highlight?
- 8 How do you fix smudged paper?
Why is my HP printer streaking?
HP Photosmart printers may print images with white lines or single color streaks. This issue can be caused by ink that has dried in the ink nozzles or by debris that is blocking the ink nozzles. The ink cartridges and the and printer cradle should be cleaned.
What causes a printer to print streaks?
Sometimes an inkjet printer’s cartridges will cause streaks. This happens when the cartridge nozzles become clogged and distribute an uneven amount of ink onto the page. If your printer uses cartridges that have the printer “heads” built into them, those could be dirty and need cleaning.
How do I stop my HP printer from streaking?
Keep the print cartridges out of reach of children.
- Step one: Remove the print cartridges.
- Step two: Clean the print cartridges.
- Step three: Re-install the print cartridges.
- Step four: Check your printed output.
- Step five: Run a clean test.
How do you fix printer smears?
Make sure the paper is not too thick or curled. Also, verify that the appropriate paper is being used and that the paper type set in the machine matches the media used. Make sure the paper is not curled when you print on the back side of the paper with the Print Odd Pages and Print Even Pages settings.
Why is my HP printer not printing well?
To resolve most print quality issues, use genuine HP cartridges, and in some cases, you might need to allow the printer to complete the automatic servicing routine. Check the paper and print settings to make sure that they are correct for the print job, and clean the cartridges and printhead.
Why is printer not printing clearly?
Most common culprits for a clogged printhead are microscopic dust particles, air bubbles or dried ink. Running a printhead cleaning on your machine will clear the print nozzles of excess or dried up ink. Print a test page to see if the clog is gone, print a second one to be sure (sometimes two will do the trick).
Why does my ink smear when I highlight?
The inks are solvent based and the highlighter is slightly dissolving the ink, causing it to smear. You may be able to find a highlighter that interacts less with your printer’s ink. Laser based prints won’t smear under a highlighter since they are fused with heat and pressure to the paper.
How do you fix smudged paper?
5 Ways to Fix Inky Smudges
- Grab a stamping sponge and use the same color ink to sponge more color on. If the smudge is toward the edge, you can just sponge the edges of your card stock.
- Use the edge of your ink pad.
- Cover it with an embellishment.
- Cover it with another layer of card stock.
- Cut it out.