“One or more cartridges appear to be damaged. Remove them and replace with new cartridges.” Most commonly “Cartridge Problem” means that your HP printer simply cannot recognise the colour or black ink cartridges.
- 1 How do you fix a HP printer cartridge error?
- 2 How do I bypass HP ink error?
- 3 How do I fix a print cartridge problem?
- 4 How do I reset my HP ink cartridge?
- 5 Is there a reset button on ink cartridges?
- 6 Why is my printer not printing black when ink is full?
- 7 How do I clear the error code on my HP printer?
- 8 How do I get my HP printer to recognize my refilled cartridge?
- 9 How do I get my HP printer to ignore empty cartridges?
- 10 Why won’t my HP printer print after I changed the ink?
- 11 How do I manually change the ink cartridge in my HP printer?
- 12 Why is my printer not working after replacing ink cartridges?
- 13 Why won’t my printer recognize my new ink cartridges?
- 14 Why won’t my HP printer cartridges align?
How do you fix a HP printer cartridge error?
To override HP ink cartridge error, remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge 2 – 3 times until it firmly seats in the slot. Then turn off the printer and remove all cartridges. Gently, with a dry lint-free cloth, wipe the contacts on the cartridge and carriage to remove any dirt or residue.
How do I bypass HP ink error?
How do you bypass an incompatible HP ink cartridge?
- Remove all of the cartridges from the printer.
- Place the incompatible ink cartridge back in the printer.
- Power off the printer and unplug its power cord from the wall– wait 10-15 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.
How do I fix a print cartridge problem?
Place the cartridge to the side with the contact facing upwards. Wipe the contact inside the printhead with a lint-free cloth. Reinsert the cartridge into its color-coded slot, and then press down on it until it snaps into place. Repeat these steps for any other cartridges indicated in the error message.
How do I reset my HP ink cartridge?
Press the “On” button on your printer to turn it on, wait 20 seconds, then turn it off. Allow the printer to completely turn off. Repeat this step five times so that the HP cartridge identification information will be erased from the printer’s memory.
Just above the circuit board on most printer cartridges, you’ll find a small button. You’ve seen these tiny buttons before on cell phones, phone chargers, etc. This is your reset button, and the only way to get in there is either with a paper clip or the tip of a pen (which will leave a tiny ink smudge on the button).
Why is my printer not printing black when ink is full?
Check if the vents of the cartridges are clogged. Try using a different ink cartridge to determine if your printer is able to recognize cartridges. If your printer used to work with an old cartridge, try installing that old cartridge again and see if your printer produces any sort of output–any shade of gray will do.
How do I clear the error code on my HP printer?
To temporarily clear the error, reset the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. note: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
How do I get my HP printer to recognize my refilled cartridge?
Remove the empty cartridge and refill it. Insert an additional full cartridge into the printer. Turn on the printer and wait for it to recognize the cartridge. Remove the additional cartridge before printing an alignment page.
How do I get my HP printer to ignore empty cartridges?
If Your Printer Is Internet Enabled
- Open a browser: Enter your printer’s IP address on the web address box.
- Your printer’s Embedded Web Server opens up. Click on “Settings” and select “HP Cartridge Protection” on the lafthandside.
- Click on “Disable HP Cartridge Protection”
- Select “Apply” or “Save”
Why won’t my HP printer print after I changed the ink?
After replacing your printer’s empty ink cartridge, the machine might not print correctly or at all. This often happens when the printer doesn’t recognize the cartridge or “thinks” it’s still empty. These problems are even more common if you refilled the empty cartridge yourself.
How do I manually change the ink cartridge in my HP printer?
Insert your hand into the Ink Cartridge Access Area and then move the Carriage manually. Move the Carriage to the left side if it’s stuck on the right, and vice versa. Also, move the Carriage to the right if it’s held in the center. Get rid of all other bits of pieces and foreign material you find inside the printer.
Why is my printer not working after replacing ink cartridges?
Verify the ink cartridge(s) has been inserted properly. If a lever has been changed from its original position to allow the installation of ink cartridges, ensure it has been returned to its original position. Perform a head cleaning on printer if available. Try resetting the ink cartridge counter.
Why won’t my printer recognize my new ink cartridges?
Here are a few steps to try to alleviate the issue: Turn off the power and unplug the printer from the outlet and let it sit for 10 or so minutes. Plug it back in and re-insert the cartridge. Turn the power back on and this should work and your new cartridge should work!
Why won’t my HP printer cartridges align?
Your printing device can display failed alignment errors when its ink cartridges are not genuine. Sometimes, the printhead of your machine may not be clean. This is likely to be the reason behind the HP printer alignment failed problem.