Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues. Clean the rollers inside the printer, and then try to print again.
Why does my HP printer keep saying paper jam when there isn’t one?
your pickup roller is dirty and the printer can’t grab a piece of paper. it will say paper jam when it does this. get a drop of dishsoap and clean the pickup roller of your printer with this. scrape at it with your fingernail to get the roller clean and wipe it off with a damp washcloth.
How do I reset my HP printer after paper jam?
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Remove USB cable, if present. Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
How do you get rid of paper jam status?
Cause and Solution
- Slowly pull the paper out, either from the Rear Tray or from the Paper Output Slot, whichever is easier.
- Open the Rear Cover.
- Pull the paper out slowly.
- Close the Rear Cover.
- Reload the paper, and press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer.
What to do when your printer says there is a paper jam but there isn t?
What do I do when my Printer Says Paper Jam but there is None?
- Fix 1: Check Front Cover for Jammed Paper.
- Fix 2: Check Input Tray for Jammed Paper.
- Fix 3: Check Output Tray for Jammed Paper.
- Fix 4: Clean Paper Feed Rollers.
- Fix 5: Clean Printer Rollers.
- Fix 6: Reset HP Printer.
What to do if printer says paper jam but there is no paper in it?
Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer. Unplug the power cord from the power source.