Hold down the Stop button (A) on the printer until the (orange) Alarm lamp (B) flashes 15 times, then release the Stop button after the fifteenth flash. The wireless connection setting information including the PIN code will be printed.
- 1 Where do I find the WPS PIN on my printer?
- 2 What is the WPS button on a Canon wireless printer?
- 3 Is the WPS PIN the Wi-Fi password?
- 4 How do I connect my Canon printer to WPS?
- 5 How do I setup my Canon printer to my WiFi?
- 6 What is WPS pin on printer?
- 7 Where is the 8 digit PIN on my router?
- 8 How do I enter a WPS PIN?
- 9 How do I connect my WPS PIN to my WiFi?
- 10 Where is the WPS button on my Xfinity router?
Where do I find the WPS PIN on my printer?
The WPS PIN is displayed on the LED screen of the printer when you trying to wirelessly connect your computer to it. This has nothing to do with your router. If your computer has located your network printer, then it will ask you for a WPS PIN. Just look for the generated PIN on your printer screen.
If your Wireless access point or router supports WPS, you can easily connect your Canon wireless printer to your home network. Wi-Fi Protected Setup® or WPS is a method that allows you to easily connect network devices to a secure wireless network.
Is the WPS PIN the Wi-Fi password?
WPS automatically sends the network password, and these devices remember it for future use. Some devices without a WPS button but with WPS support will generate a client PIN. You can then enter this PIN in your router’s wireless configuration panels, and the router will use it to add that device to the network.
How do I connect my Canon printer to WPS?
Use WPS to set up your printer
- Swipe across the touch screen display area, then tap WLAN.
- The printer searches for a wireless router.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the router (about 5 seconds), then tap OK on the printer within 2 minutes.
- Tap OK when Connected to the access point appears.
- The connection is complete.
How do I setup my Canon printer to my WiFi?
Method to Connect Canon Wireless Printer
- Start with, hit the power button on printer to make it ‘ON’.
- Thereafter, go to the printer ‘Home’ from the touch screen and then press and Hold ‘WiFi’ button.
- Next, select ‘LAN Wireless set up’ option> press ‘OK’.
- Choose your WiFi Network (named Canon in your router setting).
What is WPS pin on printer?
WPS Pin is a unique 8- digit number that is generated by the HP printer for wireless connection with routers. It only works with a wireless router. WPS Pin is like a secret code between your own devices. This WPS Pin will protect your printer from unknown users like your neighbors and hotels.
Where is the 8 digit PIN on my router?
Type in 8-digit PIN code, you can find it on the label at the bottom of the device. Click Next, the router will set a WPA2-Personal password for your wireless network automatically. You need remember the password. It is the key of your wireless network.
How do I enter a WPS PIN?
Connecting to a WPS router
- Visit the Wi-Fi screen in the Settings app.
- Tap the WPS connection button on the router. The button either is labeled WPS or uses the WPS icon, shown here.
- On your Android, choose Wi-Fi Preferences.
- Choose WPS Push Button or WPS Pin Entry, depending on how the router does its WPS thing.
How do I connect my WPS PIN to my WiFi?
Tap the Menu icon and then select WiFi Settings. Tap Connect a Device With WPS. Tap the Use a PIN link. You can either enter your device’s WiFi Protected Setup PIN in the field provided and tap Connect or if your device asks you for the router’s WPS PIN, use the PIN shown on the WPS page.
Note: The WPS button on the xFi Gateway (3rd Generation) is located on the rear of the device. The top status light will blink when the WPS button is pressed.