For Brother printers, the drum unit is usually connected to the toner cartridge. 1. To find it, simply open the front flap of your laser printer and find the toner cartridge(s) which the drum unit will be attached to or beneath. 2.
- 1 How do I know if my Brother drum is bad?
- 2 What is the drum on Brother printer?
- 3 How do you reset the drum on a Brother printer?
- 4 How do you clean a Brother printer drum?
- 5 What happens if you don’t replace the drum in a printer?
- 6 What happens when a printer drum goes bad?
- 7 How do you check the drum life on a Brother printer?
- 8 Is drum the same as toner?
- 9 What does it mean to replace drum on Brother printer?
- 10 How long should a drum last in Brother printer?
- 11 How do you clear a Brother drum error?
- 12 Can printer drums be cleaned?
- 13 Why does printer say replace drum?
How do I know if my Brother drum is bad?
The most obvious is most common on laser color printers and can be detected by a flashing message on the printer display screen. Other signs of a bad printer drum include printing blank pages, printing gray pages and strange sounds coming from the printer as it prints.
What is the drum on Brother printer?
What is the drum unit? The drum unit transfers the toner to the paper. The laser printer puts the toner on the roller called “The photosensitive drum” inside the drum unit, and then prints letters and images by fixing toner to the paper by heat and pressure.
How do you reset the drum on a Brother printer?
To reset the drum counter:
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Machine Info.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Reset Parts Life.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Drum Unit.
- Press the UP ARROW key to reset the drum unit counter.
- The display will show ‘Accepted’ and the machine will return to ‘Ready’.
How do you clean a Brother printer drum?
Turn the drum unit as shown in the illustration. Make sure that the drum unit gear is on the left side. Turn the edge of the drum unit toward you by hand while looking at surface of the suspected area. Wipe the surface of the drum gently with a dry cotton swab until the mark on the surface comes off.
What happens if you don’t replace the drum in a printer?
Without a drum unit, the toner powder in the cartridge cannot be transferred onto the page. The two parts work together to create a print! You can’t have one without the other and expect the printer to work properly.
What happens when a printer drum goes bad?
What happens when a printer drum goes bad? When the drum wears out, you’ll begin seeing lines or faults repeated across the page. Replace the drum unit when you get white lines on your pages.
How do you check the drum life on a Brother printer?
Can I check the remaining life of my Brother machine’s drum?
- Press MENU and choose Machine Info. => Drum Life.
- Press the OK key. Your Brother machine’s LCD will display the percentage of remaining drum life.
- Press the STOP/EXIT key.
Is drum the same as toner?
The drum unit transfers the toner to the paper. Generally speaking, a toner cartridge contains a dust-like powder that fuses onto a page to create your prints. The drum is combined in the same cartridge as the toner.
What does it mean to replace drum on Brother printer?
The Brother machine will display a ‘Replace Drum’ or ‘ Drum Stop ‘ message when the machine has printed approximately 15,000 pages. The drums should be replaced as a set in order to maintain print quality. Unlike the toner cartridges, the drum change is not automatically detected by the machine when they are replaced.
How long should a drum last in Brother printer?
The yield of a drum unit is approx. 15,000 pages (1 page/job). There are many factors that determine the actual drum life, such as the temperature, humidity, type of paper, type of toner used and so on. Under ideal conditions, the average drum life is estimated at approximately 15,000 pages.
How do you clear a Brother drum error?
If you reset the drum counter during the life of the drum unit currently being used, the remaining drum life will not be displayed accurately.
- Make sure that the machine is turned on.
- Open the front cover.
- Press and hold OK for 2 seconds.
- Press the Up arrow key or 1 to reset the drum counter.
- Close the front cover.
Can printer drums be cleaned?
After you have removed the chunks of toner, dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol. Carefully wipe off any dirty areas visible on the drum. If the drum unit is dirty, apply some rubbing alcohol onto your lint-free cloth and carefully wipe the body of the drum unit.
Why does printer say replace drum?
Ink and toner cartridges, as well as the drum units of some other manufacturers, have chips on them. As a result, you will get the “Replace Drum” message because your printer thinks that you’ve not installed a drum unit. On the right is a standard toner cartridge with a chip.