Resolve an offline printer (Windows)
- Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, and then follow the prompts to install and open the tool.
- On the welcome screen, click Start to select your printer and run the diagnostic.
- 1 How do I get my HP printer back online?
- 2 Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
- 3 Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
- 4 Why is my printer showing offline?
- 5 How do I change my printer status from offline to online?
- 6 What does offline mean printer?
- 7 Why is my printer not connecting?
- 8 How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
- 9 How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
- 10 Why is my printer offline when it’s connected to WiFi?
- 11 Why can’t my wireless printer find my router?
How do I get my HP printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer. 6
Why is my printer showing offline?
Why do printers go offline? Printers can appear to be offline if they can’t communicate with your PC. Occasionally when printing, the device or computer thinks the printer is offline even when it is ready to start printing. This can be caused by an error between the device and the printer.
How do I change my printer status from offline to online?
2] Change Printer Status
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer of which you want to change the status, and then click on Open queue.
- In the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline.
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.
What does offline mean printer?
Simply put, when a printer appears offline, your computer is saying it cannot be connected to, which means it cannot be printed from. In order to create prints, a printer and computer need to have a connection, and when this cannot be found, printing cannot go ahead.
Why is my printer not connecting?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
Use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Put the printer in WPS connection mode.
- Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins.
How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
- On the next screen, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane.
- On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
- Wait for the printer to come back online.
Why is my printer offline when it’s connected to WiFi?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info.
Why can’t my wireless printer find my router?
Router Issues If the printer is wireless, the router’s built-in firewall may be blocking the printer’s IP address as an unrecognized device; you may need to temporarily disable the firewall in order to register or add the address to the router’s trusted device list, also known as a whitelist.