Photo Sublimation. Epson and Sawgrass inkjet printers are the two main companies making desktop printers that are suitable for sublimation printing onto various blanks. Beware, there are other printers that use dye sublimation technology but are not suitable for heat transfer projects.
- 1 What printers can be turned into sublimation?
- 2 Can you do sublimation with a regular printer?
- 3 Can you use a regular inkjet printer for sublimation?
- 4 Can any Epson printer be used for sublimation?
- 5 Is a sublimation printer an inkjet printer?
- 6 Do I need a special printer for sublimation?
- 7 What inkjet printers can be converted to sublimation?
- 8 Can you use a Cricut for sublimation?
- 9 Can EcoTank printer be used for sublimation?
What printers can be turned into sublimation?
Top 10 Best Epson Printer for Sublimation
- Epson EcoTank ET-2760.
- Epson WorkForce WF-7720.
- Epson Workforce WF 7710.
- Epson EcoTank ET-2720.
- Epson HD XP-1500 printer.
- Epson WorkForce ET-3750.
- Epson EcoTank ET-3760.
- Epson WorkForce WF-7210.
Can you do sublimation with a regular printer?
Depending on the brand, you can use a regular printer for sublimation. Most of the Epson inkjet printers can be used for this purpose but regular ink will not work in that case. You have to get sublimation ink and switch it with the regular one when you want to print your t-shirt or mug.
Can you use a regular inkjet printer for sublimation?
Yes, but it is subject to the compatibility of print head to sublimation ink. If you are using a normal inkjet printer for sublimation printing, you can print sublimation paper with sublimation ink. Piezo head supports to sublimation printing such as Epson L805, L130 series printer can be used.
Can any Epson printer be used for sublimation?
The Epson ET 7700 and 7750 can also be used for sublimation.
Is a sublimation printer an inkjet printer?
Inkjet printers print liquid ink on top of paper, while sublimation printers permeate the material with ink vapors. Sublimation printing is best suited for printing graphics onto plastic substrates. Inkjet printing is best for document printing.
Do I need a special printer for sublimation?
Sublimation compatible printer You must have a dedicated sublimation printer that is compatible with the available cartridges. Currently, these include Sawgrass Virtuoso, Ricoh & Epson small format printers and a wide variety of large format printers.
What inkjet printers can be converted to sublimation?
Top 5 Best Sublimation Printers to buy in 2021
- Epson Workforce WF-7710 – Link.
- Epson EcoTank ET-4760 sublimation printer – Link.
- SAWGRASS SG500 Sublimation printer – Link.
- Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Printer – Link.
- Epson Stylus C88+ Color Inkjet Printer – Link.
Can you use a Cricut for sublimation?
BUT, like I said, no worries because Cricut does make a variety of different heat presses you can use for sublimation projects, and there are a variety of awesome printers you can convert from a regular printer into a sublimation printer so you can print your own sublimation transfers at home and make all the custom,
Can EcoTank printer be used for sublimation?
EcoTank printers can only be used with sublimation ink if the printer is brand-new and has not yet been filled with other ink. Simply inject the sublimation ink into your EcoTank printer using the provided syringes. All EcoTank models can be used with sublimation ink if brand-new.