What is the drum unit? The drum unit transfers the toner to the paper. To keep good print quality, the Brother machine detects the quality deterioration of the drum unit automatically. If the Brother machine displays “Replace drum” error message, you need to replace the drum unit.
- 1 What happens if I don’t replace printer drum?
- 2 How do you fix a drum on a Brother printer?
- 3 Where is the drum on a Brother printer?
- 4 How do I know if my brother drum is bad?
- 5 Why does my Brother printer keep telling me to replace the drum?
- 6 How long do Brother drums last?
- 7 What does printer drum do?
- 8 How do you reset a drum on a Brother printer?
- 9 What happens when a printer drum goes bad?
- 10 Can you clean a printer drum?
- 11 How often do printer drums need to be replaced?
What happens if I don’t replace printer drum?
Without a drum unit, the toner powder in the cartridge cannot be transferred onto the page. The two parts work together to create a print! You can’t have one without the other and expect the printer to work properly.
How do you fix a drum on a Brother printer?
Reset the drum counter
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Open the front cover.
- Press and hold OK for about two seconds to display Drum Unit, and then press OK.
- Press the Up arrow key to reset the drum counter.
- Close the front cover of the machine.
Where is the drum on a Brother printer?
For Brother printers, the drum unit is usually connected to the toner cartridge. 1. To find it, simply open the front flap of your laser printer and find the toner cartridge(s) which the drum unit will be attached to or beneath.
How do I know if my brother drum is bad?
The most obvious is most common on laser color printers and can be detected by a flashing message on the printer display screen. Other signs of a bad printer drum include printing blank pages, printing gray pages and strange sounds coming from the printer as it prints.
Why does my Brother printer keep telling me to replace the drum?
The Brother machine will display a ‘Replace Drum’ or ‘Drum Stop’ message when the machine has printed approximately 15,000 pages. The drums should be replaced as a set in order to maintain print quality. Unlike the toner cartridges, the drum change is not automatically detected by the machine when they are replaced.
How long do Brother drums last?
There are many factors that determine the actual drum life, such as the temperature, humidity, type of paper, type of toner used and so on. Under ideal conditions, the average drum life is estimated at approximately 15,000 pages.
What does printer drum do?
What is the drum unit? The drum unit transfers the toner to the paper. The laser printer puts the toner on the roller called “The photosensitive drum” inside the drum unit, and then prints letters and images by fixing toner to the paper by heat and pressure.
How do you reset a drum on a Brother printer?
To reset the drum counter:
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Machine Info.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Reset Parts Life.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Drum Unit.
- Press the UP ARROW key to reset the drum unit counter.
- The display will show ‘Accepted’ and the machine will return to ‘Ready’.
What happens when a printer drum goes bad?
What happens when a printer drum goes bad? When the drum wears out, you’ll begin seeing lines or faults repeated across the page. Replace the drum unit when you get white lines on your pages.
Can you clean a printer drum?
Look for chunks of toner on the drum unit. After you have removed the chunks of toner, dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol. Carefully wipe off any dirty areas visible on the drum. If the drum unit is dirty, apply some rubbing alcohol onto your lint-free cloth and carefully wipe the body of the drum unit.
How often do printer drums need to be replaced?
Over time, the drum unit deteriorates and eventually needs to be replaced. Drum units typically last for 10,000 to 50,000 printed pages, depending on the quality of the printer and unit. Your printer will exhibit warning signs of the drum unit’s deterioration so you can replace it before it stops working.