Photo Sublimation. Epson and Sawgrass inkjet printers are the two main companies making desktop printers that are suitable for sublimation printing onto various blanks. Beware, there are other printers that use dye sublimation technology but are not suitable for heat transfer projects.
- 1 Can you do sublimation with a regular printer?
- 2 Do I need a special printer for sublimation?
- 3 What printers can be turned into sublimation?
- 4 Can you use a regular inkjet printer for sublimation?
- 5 What is the difference between an inkjet printer and a sublimation printer?
- 6 Can any Epson printer be used for sublimation?
- 7 Can EcoTank printer be used for sublimation?
- 8 Which inkjet printer is best for sublimation?
- 9 How much are sublimation printers?
Can you do sublimation with a regular printer?
Depending on the brand, you can use a regular printer for sublimation. Most of the Epson inkjet printers can be used for this purpose but regular ink will not work in that case. You have to get sublimation ink and switch it with the regular one when you want to print your t-shirt or mug.
Do I need a special printer for sublimation?
Sublimation compatible printer You must have a dedicated sublimation printer that is compatible with the available cartridges. Currently, these include Sawgrass Virtuoso, Ricoh & Epson small format printers and a wide variety of large format printers.
What printers can be turned into sublimation?
Top 10 Best Epson Printer for Sublimation
- Epson EcoTank ET-2760.
- Epson WorkForce WF-7720.
- Epson Workforce WF 7710.
- Epson EcoTank ET-2720.
- Epson HD XP-1500 printer.
- Epson WorkForce ET-3750.
- Epson EcoTank ET-3760.
- Epson WorkForce WF-7210.
Can you use a regular inkjet printer for sublimation?
Yes, but it is subject to the compatibility of print head to sublimation ink. If you are using a normal inkjet printer for sublimation printing, you can print sublimation paper with sublimation ink. Piezo head supports to sublimation printing such as Epson L805, L130 series printer can be used.
What is the difference between an inkjet printer and a sublimation printer?
Inkjet printers print liquid ink on top of paper, while sublimation printers permeate the material with ink vapors. Sublimation printing is best suited for printing graphics onto plastic substrates. Inkjet printing is best for document printing.
Can any Epson printer be used for sublimation?
The Epson ET 7700 and 7750 can also be used for sublimation.
Can EcoTank printer be used for sublimation?
EcoTank printers can only be used with sublimation ink if the printer is brand-new and has not yet been filled with other ink. Simply inject the sublimation ink into your EcoTank printer using the provided syringes. All EcoTank models can be used with sublimation ink if brand-new.
Which inkjet printer is best for sublimation?
Top 10 Best Sublimation Printer Reviews
- Epson EcoTank ET-2760 Sublimation Printer.
- Brother Inkjet MFCJ6945DW Sublimation Printer.
- Canon PIXMA TS9520 Wireless Printer.
- Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Sublimation Printer.
- HP Smart -Tank Plus 551 Sublimation Printer.
- WorkForce WF-7210 Wireless Inkjet Printer.
How much are sublimation printers?
While dye sublimation printers are made for household as well as professional use, they can cost around $300 for a small home one and can go up to $600 for a more high-end product. For larger printers for mass production, they can cost up to $10,000.