Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Restart your computer.
- 1 How do I fix HP driver unavailable?
- 2 Why does my HP printer Say driver unavailable?
- 3 What do I do when my printer driver is unavailable?
- 4 What does driver unavailable mean on printer?
- 5 How do I make my HP printer driver available?
- 6 How do I make my printer driver available?
- 7 How do I update drivers?
- 8 How do I fix printer driver is unavailable Windows 10?
- 9 Why is my printer not connecting to my computer?
- 10 How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my printer?
- 11 Where is the print driver?
- 12 Where do I find the WPS PIN on my HP printer?
- 13 How do I install a printer driver in Windows 10?
- 14 How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
To do this:
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers > Device Manager.
- Click Print queues to view the drop-down list. Find your printer model on the list and then right-click on its icon.
- Go to the computer’s Control Panel and click on Devices and Printers.
- Reinstall your printer’s drivers.
The error “Printer driver is unavailable” means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. If the computer cannot recognize the driver or function with it, you will not be able to access your printer and use it to print jobs.
What to Do to Fix the Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error
- Run the Windows Update Tool. One reason why your Windows 10 computer may display the Printer Driver Is Unavailable error could be that you have an operating system that is out of date.
- Manually Update Your Printer Drivers.
- Automatically Update Your Printer Drivers.
If you find yourself encountering a “printer driver is unavailable” error it means that your computer’s operating system failed to recognize your printer.
How do I make my HP printer driver available?
HP Universal Print Driver (UPD)
- Visit HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads.
- Enter your printer name in the search box – you should be able to find your printer name on the outer shell of your printer.
- Click Enter.
- Select the HP Universal Print Driver from the available driver options.
How do I make my printer driver available?
To use it: Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update finds an updated driver, it will download and install it, and your printer will automatically use it.
How do I update drivers?
To check for any updates for your PC, including driver updates, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar.
- Click the Settings icon (it’s a small gear)
- Select ‘Updates & Security,’ then click ‘Check for updates. ‘
To do so, follow these steps: On the search box, type device manager and press Enter. Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
Why is my printer not connecting to my computer?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. If not, your printer is not connected to any network at this time. Ensure your wireless router is turned on and functioning properly. You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my printer?
How to connect your printer
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.” Source: Windows Central.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Turn on the printer.
- Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Select the printer from the results.
- Click Add device.
Where is the print driver?
The printer driver is usually located on the C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepository folder on a Windows machine.
Where do I find the WPS PIN on my HP printer?
On the printer screen, you will find the option “WiFi Protected Setup“. Go to “WiFi Protected Setup” and select “WPS PIN“. Now a WPS Pin will be generated on your HP Printer. Remember this WPS pin will be there on the screen for 8-10 sec, after that you have to generate a new pin if it’s not working.
How do I install a printer driver in Windows 10?
To install a printer driver from scratch on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Printers & scanners.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner button.
- Click the The printer that I want isn’t listed option.
- Select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option.
How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
Use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Put the printer in WPS connection mode.
- Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins.