To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings. Go to Devices Printers scanners select a printer Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you’ll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
- 1 How do I set my HP printer to default?
- 2 What causes default printer to change?
- 3 How do I fix unable to set a default printer?
- 4 Should my printer be set as default?
- 5 What does a default printer mean?
- 6 How do I change my printer settings on my computer?
- 7 How do I fix my printer settings?
- 8 How do I set a default printer in remote desktop?
- 9 Why does my default printer keep changing to Adobe?
- 10 What to do if printer is not responding?
- 11 How do I make my Canon printer the default printer?
- 12 Why is my HP printer driver unavailable?
- 13 Why does my printer say offline?
How do I set my HP printer to default?
Click the Windows icon ( ), click Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window opens. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as default printer. A checkmark ( ) displays next to your HP product.
What causes default printer to change?
The reason the default printer keeps changing is that Windows automatically assumes that the last printer you used is your new favorite. So, when you switch from one printer to another, Windows changes the default printer to the last printer you used. This isn’t the only reason your default printer may be changing.
How do I fix unable to set a default printer?
Error 0x00000709 Cannot Set Default Printer on Windows [Solved]
- Click the Start button, then type regedit and press Enter. If User Account Control comes up, please chose Yes at the prompt.
- Follow the path.
- Double-click Device.
- Right-click UserSelectDefault and click Rename to rename it as your printer name.
Should my printer be set as default?
From time to time you may need to start printing from a new printer. This can happen because of a desk or office move or because of a network change. For efficiency, you should set your default printer to the one you use most often or the one that is most convenient.
What does a default printer mean?
The default printer is where your print jobs will automatically be sent when using Quick Print option in MS Office applications and others. It is also the printer that is automatically selected in all print dialog.
How do I change my printer settings on my computer?
To change your printer’s settings, head to either Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners or Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. In the Settings interface, click a printer and then click “Manage” to see more options. In the Control Panel, right-click a printer to find various options.
How do I fix my printer settings?
Follow these steps to change your printer’s default settings:
- Type “Devices” into the main search bar at the bottom left of your screen.
- Select “Devices and Printers” from the results list.
- Right click on the appropriate printer icon.
- Select “Printing Preferences”
- Change print settings, click “OK”
- Ready, set, print!
How do I set a default printer in remote desktop?
Open the Server Manager > and click on the Remote Desktop Services icon on the left menu and select the Session Collection you would like to configure.
- Click on Tasks, and select Edit Properties.
- Select Client Settings and uncheck the Use the client default printing device option.
Why does my default printer keep changing to Adobe?
So what happens is, your print spooler crashes because there are installed drivers (print drivers) that are old/conflicting/etc. So the spooler crashes and takes your printer availability list with it. If you disable the print spooler, you’ll notice the only things left are printing options like OneNote/XPS/PDF/etc.
What to do if printer is not responding?
How do I fix my printer, not responding? (Windows)
- Make your printer the default option. Click on the Start button and then go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Clear Print queue.
- Restart Print Spooler Service.
- Re-Add your printer to your PC.
- Restart your Windows PC.
How do I make my Canon printer the default printer?
Set a printer to be the default
- Open the Printers Folder for your operating system as follows:
- If there is more than one Canon printer icon shown, right-click on Copy 1 (or higher) of your model’s icon.
- Left-click on Set as Default Printer from the menu that appears to specify the printer as the default.
If you are still getting the “Driver is unavailable” error, a missing or corrupted driver is the most probable reason behind the problem. Thus, uninstalling your current driver and installing a new printer driver instead should help you get rid of the error. Right-click on your printer and select Uninstall device.
Why does my printer say offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.