Update your driver in Device Manager
- Press the Windows key and search for and open Device Manager.
- Select the printer that you’ve connected from the list of available devices.
- Right-click the device and select Update driver or Update driver software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- 1 How do I uninstall and reinstall a printer driver?
- 2 How do I reinstall my printer on Windows 10?
- 3 How do I fix a missing printer driver?
- 4 Where do I find the driver for my printer?
- 5 How do I install printer drivers on Windows 10?
- 6 Where are the printer drivers located in Windows 10?
- 7 Why is my printer not working with Windows 10?
- 8 What does it mean driver is unavailable for printer?
- 9 Why won’t my printer driver install?
- 10 Why I Cannot install printer driver?
- 11 How do I fix a driver error?
- 12 How do I know if my printer driver is installed?
- 13 How do I open a printer driver in Windows?
- 14 What are the 4 steps to follow when installing a printer driver?
How do I uninstall and reinstall a printer driver?
Method 1: Reinstall your printer driver manually
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type or paste devmgmt. msc.
- Click to expand the Print queues category. Right-click your printer and select Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall.
How do I reinstall my printer on Windows 10?
Simply plug the USB cable from your printer into an available USB port on your PC, and turn the printer on. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I fix a missing printer driver?
To do this:
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers > Device Manager.
- Click Print queues to view the drop-down list. Find your printer model on the list and then right-click on its icon.
- Go to the computer’s Control Panel and click on Devices and Printers.
- Reinstall your printer’s drivers.
Where do I find the driver for my printer?
If you do not have the disc, you can usually locate the drivers on the manufacturer’s website. Printer drivers are often found under “downloads” or “drivers” on your printer’s manufacturer website. Download the driver and then double click to run the driver file.
How do I install printer drivers on Windows 10?
To install a printer driver from scratch on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Printers & scanners.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner button.
- Click the The printer that I want isn’t listed option.
- Select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option.
Where are the printer drivers located in Windows 10?
Hi, The printer drivers are stored in C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepository. I wouldn’t recommend manually removing any drivers, you can try to remove the driver from the Print Management console, go to Start and search for “Print Management” and open it.
Why is my printer not working with Windows 10?
Outdated printer drivers can cause the Printer not responding message to appear. However, you can fix that problem simply by installing the latest drivers for your printer. The simplest way to do that is to use the Device Manager. Windows will try to download a suitable driver for your printer.
The error “Printer driver is unavailable” means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. If the computer cannot recognize the driver or function with it, you will not be able to access your printer and use it to print jobs.
Why won’t my printer driver install?
Make sure your computer is turned on and connected to the Internet. Turn on the printer. Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer, and then to the computer. If a Found new hardware window displays, follow any prompts to install the driver, and then try to print.
Why I Cannot install printer driver?
If the printer driver was not installed correctly, uninstall the printer driver, and restart your computer. If the Installer was forcibly terminated due to an error in Windows, Windows may be unstable and this will prevent the printer driver from being installed. Restart your PC and reinstall the printer driver.
How do I fix a driver error?
How to Fix Driver Errors
- Open the device manager to diagnose the problem.
- Look for the yellow triangle.
- Right-click on the problematic device and then select “Properties.” The Properties window should have tabs at the top.
- Uninstall the driver if the driver is completely corrupted.
How do I know if my printer driver is installed?
Checking the Current Printer Driver Version
- Open the printer properties dialog box.
- Click the [Setup] tab.
- Click [About]. The [About] dialog box appears.
- Check the version.
How do I open a printer driver in Windows?
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software. In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties) The printer driver setup window appears.
What are the 4 steps to follow when installing a printer driver?
The set up process is usually the same for most printers:
- Install the cartridges in the printer and add paper to the tray.
- Insert installation CD and run the printer set up application (usually “setup.exe”), which will install the printer drivers.
- Connect your printer to the PC using the USB cable and turn it on.