Reinstall the device driver
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
- Right-click (or press and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
- Restart your PC.
- Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
- 1 How do I reinstall printer drivers?
- 2 How do I uninstall and reinstall printer drivers Windows 10?
- 3 How do I install a printer driver in Windows 10?
- 4 How do I fix my printer driver in Windows 10?
- 5 How do I find my printer driver?
- 6 Why printer driver is not being installed?
- 7 How do I restore a printer in Windows 10?
- 8 How do I uninstall printer drivers in Windows 10?
- 9 How do I uninstall and reinstall my HP printer on Windows 10?
- 10 How do I fix my printer driver is unavailable?
- 11 What does it mean when printer driver is unavailable?
- 12 Why is my printer not working with Windows 10?
How do I reinstall printer drivers?
Use Windows Update To use it: Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update finds an updated driver, it will download and install it, and your printer will automatically use it.
How do I uninstall and reinstall printer drivers Windows 10?
2 ways to reinstall your printer driver
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type or paste devmgmt. msc.
- Click to expand the Print queues category. Right-click your printer and select Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall.
How do I install a printer driver in Windows 10?
To install a printer driver from scratch on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Printers & scanners.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner button.
- Click the The printer that I want isn’t listed option.
- Select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option.
How do I fix my printer driver in Windows 10?
Fix Printer Driver Issues on Windows 10
- Way 1: Update your printer driver manually.
- Way 2: Use Windows Update for new drivers.
- Way 3: Update your printer driver automatically.
How do I find my printer driver?
Printer drivers are often found under “downloads” or “drivers” on your printer’s manufacturer website. Download the driver and then double click to run the driver file. Follow the prompts as you move through the download process.
Why printer driver is not being installed?
If the printer driver was not installed correctly, uninstall the printer driver, and restart your computer. Try to reinstall the printer driver. If the Installer was forcibly terminated due to an error in Windows, Windows may be unstable and this will prevent the printer driver from being installed.
How do I restore a printer in Windows 10?
I think you can do a right click on the file/icon and then move down the menu to select restore option. Another option is to go to Control Panel. Your printer should still be here. Find your printer and see if there is a reinstall option.
How do I uninstall printer drivers in Windows 10?
Open Settings>Apps>Apps & Features and click the printer software you want removed. Click Uninstall and follow on-screen instructions to completely remove the printer driver.
How do I uninstall and reinstall my HP printer on Windows 10?
Uninstall HP printer software and drivers
- Disconnect the printer from the computer or network.
- In Windows, search for and open Add or remove programs.
- In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, and then click Uninstall.
- If a User Account Control message displays, click Yes.
To do this:
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers > Device Manager.
- Click Print queues to view the drop-down list. Find your printer model on the list and then right-click on its icon.
- Go to the computer’s Control Panel and click on Devices and Printers.
- Reinstall your printer’s drivers.
The error “Printer driver is unavailable” means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. If the computer cannot recognize the driver or function with it, you will not be able to access your printer and use it to print jobs.
Why is my printer not working with Windows 10?
Outdated printer drivers can cause the Printer not responding message to appear. However, you can fix that problem simply by installing the latest drivers for your printer. The simplest way to do that is to use the Device Manager. Windows will try to download a suitable driver for your printer.