To add your printer to the printer list, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. Click the Add button, then click the Default button. Select the printer (listed as an AirPrint Profile) in the Printers list, then click Add.
- 1 Why does my Mac keep saying my printer is offline?
- 2 How do I get my Mac to recognize my printer?
- 3 How do I get my printer to go online again?
- 4 Why does it keep saying my printer is offline?
- 5 How do I get my HP printer online on Mac?
- 6 How do I get my Canon printer online Mac?
- 7 Why is my printer not responding to my Mac?
- 8 Why won’t my HP printer connect to my Mac?
- 9 Why does HP printer say offline?
- 10 What do I do when my printer is offline?
- 11 Why is my printer not connecting?
- 12 Why does my printer say driver not available?
Why does my Mac keep saying my printer is offline?
The most common issues that make a printer appear offline are old printer drivers, too many documents sent to the printer, network issues, loose cables, a paper jam or missing paper.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my printer?
Connect to Your Printer
- Click on the Apple symbol on the top, left-hand corner. Then, click System Preferences.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Click the plus “+” sign to add the printer. (
- A new window will open.
- Add the printer to your computer and it should appear in your printers list once configured.
How do I get my printer to go online again?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
Why does it keep saying my printer is offline?
This can be as simple as a disconnected cable, or an error occurring due to a paper jam. However, it can also indicate a problem with your driver or software. Old age or a lack of updates can cause this, and if this is the reason your printer is offline, you will have to troubleshoot it.
How do I get my HP printer online on Mac?
- Click the Apple menu and select “Software Update” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Apple menu and select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Print & Scan” from the Hardware section.
- Click the “+” button in the Printers section and select “Add Printer or Scanner” from the menu.
How do I get my Canon printer online Mac?
Go to Apple Icon>System Preferences>Printers and Scanners. Now add + Canon Printer again. Congratulations your Canon Wireless printer is Now Online and Ready to Print.
Why is my printer not responding to my Mac?
Reset the print system (Mac) Resetting the print system removes all printers. Click the Apple icon, click System Preferences, and then click Printers & Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax. Right-click or control+click anywhere in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system. Click Reset to confirm.
Why won’t my HP printer connect to my Mac?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
Why does HP printer say offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
What do I do when my printer is offline?
Try following these steps to get your printer back online.
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
Why is my printer not connecting?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
Why does my printer say driver not available?
The error “Printer driver is unavailable” means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. If the computer cannot recognize the driver or function with it, you will not be able to access your printer and use it to print jobs.