Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
- 1 How do I get my printer to get back online?
- 2 How do I change my printer status from offline to online?
- 3 Why is my printer going offline?
- 4 How do I get my printer back online Windows 10?
- 5 How do I fix my printer offline Windows 10?
- 6 Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
- 7 What to do if printer is not responding?
- 8 Why is my HP printer not printing?
- 9 How do I fix my printer in Windows 10?
- 10 Why does my Epson printer say offline?
- 11 Why does my printer say driver not available?
How do I get my printer to get back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online ” from the drop down menu.
How do I change my printer status from offline to online?
2] Change Printer Status
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer of which you want to change the status, and then click on Open queue.
- In the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline.
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.
Why is my printer going offline?
This can be as simple as a disconnected cable, or an error occurring due to a paper jam. However, it can also indicate a problem with your driver or software. Old age or a lack of updates can cause this, and if this is the reason your printer is offline, you will have to troubleshoot it.
How do I get my printer back online Windows 10?
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
- On the next screen, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane.
- On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
- Wait for the printer to come back online.
How do I fix my printer offline Windows 10?
Printer Offline? 10 Fixes to Get It Back Online in Windows 10
- Check the Computer and Printer Connection.
- Restart the Printer and Computer.
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter.
- Disable “Use Printer Offline” Mode.
- Clear the Print Queue.
- Set the Printer as Default.
- Restart the Print Spooler Service.
- Update the Printer Drivers.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
What to do if printer is not responding?
How do I fix my printer, not responding? (Windows)
- Make your printer the default option. Click on the Start button and then go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Clear Print queue.
- Restart Print Spooler Service.
- Re-Add your printer to your PC.
- Restart your Windows PC.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
Make sure the correct ink or toner cartridges are installed, and that the printer has sufficient ink or toner for your print job. Make sure no error messages or blinking lights display on the printer control panel. Resolve any errors before you use the printer. Restart the printer to clear any error states.
How do I fix my printer in Windows 10?
Run The Windows 10 Troubleshooter
- To launch the Windows 10 Troubleshooter for your printer, right-click your Windows Start menu.
- Click Settings, then Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- In the Troubleshoot section, under Get up and running, click Printer.
- Click Run the troubleshooter to begin.
Why does my Epson printer say offline?
If your Epson printer is showing an offline message, it means that there is some connectivity problem between the Epson printer and PC. Incorrect printer settings where your printer is not selected as “Default Printer” may make your printer go offline. Outdated printer driver may prevent your printer from functioning.
Why does my printer say driver not available?
The error “Printer driver is unavailable” means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. If the computer cannot recognize the driver or function with it, you will not be able to access your printer and use it to print jobs.