If the printer is not responding even after you’ve plugged it in, you can try a few things: Restart the printer and try again. Unplug the printer from an outlet. Check if the printer is properly set up or connected to your computer’s system.
- 1 How do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
- 2 Why isn’t my computer recognizing my wireless printer?
- 3 Why is my printer not connecting to my computer?
- 4 How do I fix printer not detected?
- 5 Why is my HP printer not being found?
- 6 How do I get my computer to recognize my HP printer?
- 7 How do I make my printer discoverable?
How do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
Add a local printer
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click Devices.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
Why isn’t my computer recognizing my wireless printer?
If your computer can’t detect your wireless printer, you can also try to fix the problem by running the built-in printer troubleshooter. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter >run the printer troubleshooter.
Why is my printer not connecting to my computer?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. If not, your printer is not connected to any network at this time. Ensure your wireless router is turned on and functioning properly. You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
How do I fix printer not detected?
Fix 1: Check the printer connection
- Restart your printer. Power off and then power on your printer to restart it.
- Check the connection issue. If your printer is connected by the USB cable, ensure the cable is not damaged, and it connects firmly and correctly.
- Check the network connection.
Why is my HP printer not being found?
If your HP printer doesn’t connect to your WiFi, there is an issue with the current driver software. If the computer does not detect the printer, the printer needs to be cleaned or have a software update. Owners can solve problems with their HP printer at home without the need for a professional.
How do I get my computer to recognize my HP printer?
Choose Devices Printers & Scanners / Bluetooth & other devices. Click Add a printer or Scanner / Add Bluetooth or other device based on your preference. The Add window will display your printer’s name, select it. Click Connect, and this will connect your printer to the computer.
How do I make my printer discoverable?
Go to the Start menu and click Settings, Devices, then Printers & scanners. Select Add a printer or scanner and wait for your printer to appear in the list, then select it and hit Add device. If Windows doesn’t find your printer, select The printer that I want isn’t listed and follow the instructions.