The error “Printer driver is unavailable” means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. If the computer cannot recognize the driver or function with it, you will not be able to access your printer and use it to print jobs.
- 1 How do I fix my printer driver is unavailable?
- 2 How do I make my printer driver available?
- 3 Why is my printer showing driver unavailable?
- 4 How do I fix printer driver is unavailable Windows 10?
- 5 How do I update drivers?
- 6 How do I update my printer driver?
- 7 How do I install a printer driver without a printer?
- 8 How do I find printer drivers in Windows 10?
- 9 What is a driver on a computer?
- 10 Where is the print driver?
- 11 How do I update my printer driver Windows 10?
- 12 Can remove printer driver is unavailable?
- 13 How do I install a printer on Windows 10?
- 14 How do I install a printer on my computer?
To do this:
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers > Device Manager.
- Click Print queues to view the drop-down list. Find your printer model on the list and then right-click on its icon.
- Go to the computer’s Control Panel and click on Devices and Printers.
- Reinstall your printer’s drivers.
How do I make my printer driver available?
To use it: Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update finds an updated driver, it will download and install it, and your printer will automatically use it.
If you are still getting the “Driver is unavailable” error, a missing or corrupted driver is the most probable reason behind the problem. Thus, uninstalling your current driver and installing a new printer driver instead should help you get rid of the error. Right-click on your printer and select Uninstall device.
To do so, follow these steps: On the search box, type device manager and press Enter. Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
How do I update drivers?
To check for any updates for your PC, including driver updates, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar.
- Click the Settings icon (it’s a small gear)
- Select ‘Updates & Security,’ then click ‘Check for updates. ‘
How do I update my printer driver?
How to update printer drivers
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Click on ‘Device Manager’ to show all of the connected hardware on your machine – look for the ‘Printers’ drop-down which will contain any relevant printers.
- Right click the printer you want to update the drivers on and click ‘Update driver’
How do I install a printer driver without a printer?
How to Install a Printer Driver Without the Printer Connected
- Locate the driver installation program for your printer.
- Run the driver installation program from the CD or the file you downloaded from the Internet.
- Restart your computer after the installation is complete to ensure that the driver is properly installed.
How do I find printer drivers in Windows 10?
Expand the branch for the device that you want to check the driver version. Right-click the device and select the Properties option. Click the Driver tab. Check the installed driver version of the device.
What is a driver on a computer?
A driver, or device driver, is a set of files that tells a piece of hardware how to function by communicating with a computer’s operating system. All pieces of hardware require a driver, from your internal computer components, such as your graphics card, to your external peripherals, like a printer.
Where is the print driver?
The printer driver is usually located on the C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepository folder on a Windows machine.
How do I update my printer driver Windows 10?
To update an existing printer driver on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the app.
- Expand the Printers branch.
- Right-click the printer, and select the Update driver option.
- Click the Browse my computer for driver software button.
- Click the Browse button.
If you have multiple users on your PC, you might not be able to remove the printer since the driver is in use. In order to fix this problem, you need to log in to each user account that has the printer connected and delete the device. After that, log in to the administrator account and delete the driver package.
How do I install a printer on Windows 10?
To install or add a local printer
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Open Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I install a printer on my computer?
How to set up your printer on your Android device.
- To begin, go to SETTINGS, and look for the SEARCH icon.
- Enter PRINTING in the serch field and hit the ENTER key.
- Tap on the PRINTING option.
- You will then be given the opportunity to turn toggle on “Default Print Services”.