- Place the original working cartridge (the empty or near-empty one) back into the printer.
- Turn the printer off.
- With the printer switched off, open the top lid and remove the old toner cartridge.
- Now replace the old cartridge with another new Lexmark toner cartridge.
- Power the printer back on.
- 1 How do I make my printer recognize my refilled cartridge?
- 2 How do I reset my Lexmark ink cartridge?
- 3 Why won’t my printer recognize my new ink cartridges?
- 4 Why is my printer not working after replacing ink cartridges?
- 5 How do you fix an unrecognized ink cartridge?
- 6 Why is my printer not printing black when ink is full?
- 7 Can you refill Lexmark toner cartridges?
- 8 How do I get my Lexmark printer out of error state?
- 9 How do I fix the ink cartridge on my Lexmark printer?
- 10 How do I clear errors on my Lexmark printer?
How do I make my printer recognize my refilled cartridge?
Remove the empty cartridge and refill it. Insert an additional full cartridge into the printer. Turn on the printer and wait for it to recognize the cartridge. Remove the additional cartridge before printing an alignment page.
How do I reset my Lexmark ink cartridge?
How to Reset Lexmark Ink Cartridge Memory
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord.
- Wait approximately one minute to allow the ink cartridge memory to reset.
- Plug the power cord back in and turn the printer on.
- Check the ink levels to verify that they are correct.
Why won’t my printer recognize my new ink cartridges?
Here are a few steps to try to alleviate the issue: Turn off the power and unplug the printer from the outlet and let it sit for 10 or so minutes. Plug it back in and re-insert the cartridge. Turn the power back on and this should work and your new cartridge should work!
Why is my printer not working after replacing ink cartridges?
Verify the ink cartridge(s) has been inserted properly. If a lever has been changed from its original position to allow the installation of ink cartridges, ensure it has been returned to its original position. Perform a head cleaning on printer if available. Try resetting the ink cartridge counter.
How do you fix an unrecognized ink cartridge?
Remove all of the new cartridges you had installed and re-install the old (empty) cartridges that worked. Restart the printer, this should remove the not recognised error (and tell you some are empty) Install one of the new cartridges. Keep installing the new cartridges one-by-one until the error returns.
Why is my printer not printing black when ink is full?
Check if the vents of the cartridges are clogged. Try using a different ink cartridge to determine if your printer is able to recognize cartridges. If your printer used to work with an old cartridge, try installing that old cartridge again and see if your printer produces any sort of output–any shade of gray will do.
Can you refill Lexmark toner cartridges?
Toner refills for Lexmark are easy to do. Lexmark Bulk Toner – Bulk toner for toner refilling. The bulk toner items are JUST TONER. They are intended for repeat customers who know which toner they need and want to save even more money by buying just bulk toner and not buying another toner refill kit.
How do I get my Lexmark printer out of error state?
Turn off your Lexmark printer. Turn on your Lexmark printer and press and hold 2 and 6 simultaneously for at least 15 seconds. You will access its Service Mode. From the Service Mode, scroll down or navigate and select Restore Factory Defaults.
How do I fix the ink cartridge on my Lexmark printer?
While a print cartridge error message seems vague, you can fix it one of several ways: restart the printer, reinstall the print cartridge, reset the printer or replace the ink cartridge in question.
How do I clear errors on my Lexmark printer?
To clear the message, turn the printer off, reinstall the paper tray, and turn the printer on. If the error message continues, call for service.