Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
- 1 How do I get my printer to get back online?
- 2 How do I change my printer status from offline to online?
- 3 Why is my printer going offline?
- 4 How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
- 5 How do I fix my printer offline Windows 10?
- 6 Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
- 7 Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
- 8 How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
- 9 Why does my HP printer keep going offline Mac?
How do I get my printer to get back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online ” from the drop down menu.
How do I change my printer status from offline to online?
2] Change Printer Status
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer of which you want to change the status, and then click on Open queue.
- In the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline.
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.
Why is my printer going offline?
This can be as simple as a disconnected cable, or an error occurring due to a paper jam. However, it can also indicate a problem with your driver or software. Old age or a lack of updates can cause this, and if this is the reason your printer is offline, you will have to troubleshoot it.
How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
- On the next screen, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane.
- On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
- Wait for the printer to come back online.
How do I fix my printer offline Windows 10?
Printer Offline? 10 Fixes to Get It Back Online in Windows 10
- Check the Computer and Printer Connection.
- Restart the Printer and Computer.
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter.
- Disable “Use Printer Offline” Mode.
- Clear the Print Queue.
- Set the Printer as Default.
- Restart the Print Spooler Service.
- Update the Printer Drivers.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer. 5
How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
Use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Put the printer in WPS connection mode.
- Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins.
Why does my HP printer keep going offline Mac?
The most common issues that make a printer appear offline are old printer drivers, too many documents sent to the printer, network issues, loose cables, a paper jam or missing paper.