Remove the paper following the procedure below.
- Turn off the printer, and unplug the power cord of the printer from the power supply.
- Remove the Cassette.
- Set the printer upright with the left side down.
- Slowly pull the jammed paper out so that the paper does not tear.
- Align the paper, then reload it in the Cassette.
Can a paper jam ruin a printer?
Make sure you have the right diagnosis Do not just assume the issue you’re facing is that the paper is jammed, as dismantling and meddling inside the printer unnecessarily could cause further damage that could be lengthy, and costly, to fix.
How do you clear a paper jam status?
Solution one: Clear the paper jam
- Step one: Remove any loose paper. Remove any loose sheets of paper from the input tray and the output tray.
- Step two: Clear the paper jam from the rear of the product.
- Step three: Open the cartridge access door, and then clear the jam.
- Step four: Print a printer status report.
How do I remove jammed paper from my HP 9010 printer?
Remove any jammed paper that is accessible from the input tray area.
- Press and hold the two buttons on both sides of the output tray to move out the output tray from the printer.
- Pull out the input tray.
- Gently remove any jammed paper from the area.
Why is my printer getting jammed?
If your printer keeps jamming, you should know that the most common cause of a jam is misalignment of the paper. Paper needs to load in smoothly, completely flush with the tray. Overfilling the tray is a great way to ensure you will be spending some personal time getting to know the inside of a printer.
Why does printer paper keep jamming?
Overfilling the paper tray is frequently causes paper jams. Many printers have sliding mechanisms that allow different types and sizes of paper to be fed into the printer. If the slider is not correctly positioned, it can cause a paper jam. Use standard office paper.