Printer Offline? 10 Fixes to Get It Back Online in Windows 10
- Check the Computer and Printer Connection.
- Restart the Printer and Computer.
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter.
- Disable “Use Printer Offline” Mode.
- Clear the Print Queue.
- Set the Printer as Default.
- Restart the Print Spooler Service.
- Update the Printer Drivers.
- 1 How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
- 2 How do I bring my printer back online?
- 3 How do I fix an offline printer problem?
- 4 Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
- 5 How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my printer?
- 6 Why is my printer not connecting?
- 7 Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
- 8 How do I change my printer from offline to online in Windows 10?
- 9 Why is my HP printer not printing?
- 10 Why does my Epson printer say offline?
How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
- On the next screen, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane.
- On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
- Wait for the printer to come back online.
How do I bring my printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
How do I fix an offline printer problem?
Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my printer?
How to connect your printer
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.” Source: Windows Central.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Turn on the printer.
- Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Select the printer from the results.
- Click Add device.
Why is my printer not connecting?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
How do I change my printer from offline to online in Windows 10?
2] Change Printer Status
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer of which you want to change the status, and then click on Open queue.
- In the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline.
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
Make sure the correct ink or toner cartridges are installed, and that the printer has sufficient ink or toner for your print job. Make sure no error messages or blinking lights display on the printer control panel. Resolve any errors before you use the printer. Restart the printer to clear any error states.
Why does my Epson printer say offline?
If your Epson printer is showing an offline message, it means that there is some connectivity problem between the Epson printer and PC. Incorrect printer settings where your printer is not selected as “Default Printer” may make your printer go offline. Outdated printer driver may prevent your printer from functioning.