To install or add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer Select the Start button, then select Settings Devices Printers scanners. Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
Why can’t I find a printer on my network?
Make sure File and Printer Sharing and Network Discovery are enabled on the printer server or the computer where the printer is physically connected. If this feature is disabled on a printer server you’ll know fairly quickly because nobody in the office would be able to see or connect to any of the server’s printers.
How do I connect to a network printer?
How to Add a Network Printer
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Click the Add a Printer button on the toolbar.
- Click the printer you want to use.
- Click Next to add the printer.
- (Optional) Designate the printer as your default printer.
- Click Next to continue.
- Click Finish.
How do I find a network printer on Windows 10?
Can’t find your printer?
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.”
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner. Source: Windows Central.
- Choose The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Select Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer.
- Choose the connected printer.
How do I find my printer not listed?
Installing a local printer manually
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Printers & scanners.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner button.
- Wait a few moments.
- Click The printer that I want isn’t listed option.
- Select the Add a local printer or network printer option.
- Click the Next button.
How do I locate the IP address for my printer?
On Windows, you can use the Control Panel to find the printer’s IP address.
- Go to Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Find your printer in the list, click on it, and select Manage.
- Click on Printer Properties.
- In the General tab, find the Location field. Your printer’s IP address will be located in it.
Where do I find devices and printers?
Click the Start button and then click on Devices and Printers. Alternatively, type device in the Start Search box and press Enter or click on Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers folder will open.
How do you find a printer on a Mac?
Add the printer to your list of available printers: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. If you don’t see your printer listed on the left, click the Add button at the bottom of the list. A dialog appears listing printers on your local network.