Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
- 1 How do you change a printer from offline to online?
- 2 Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
- 3 How do I fix an offline printer problem?
- 4 How do I get my printer off offline?
- 5 Why is my printer not connecting?
- 6 How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
- 7 Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
- 8 How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
How do you change a printer from offline to online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
How do I fix an offline printer problem?
Printer Offline? 10 Fixes to Get It Back Online in Windows 10
- Check the Computer and Printer Connection.
- Restart the Printer and Computer.
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter.
- Disable “Use Printer Offline” Mode.
- Clear the Print Queue.
- Set the Printer as Default.
- Restart the Print Spooler Service.
- Update the Printer Drivers.
How do I get my printer off offline?
Disable USE PRINTER OFFLINE on Windows 10
- Select Control panel (Windows Search bar on the taskbar and type control panel and click it)
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Find and right-click affected printer.
- Click Printer and see Use Printer Offline is enabled.
- Select Disable if it’s enabled.
- Close all open windows.
Why is my printer not connecting?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
How do I get my printer back online with Windows 10?
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
- On the next screen, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane.
- On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
- Wait for the printer to come back online.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer. From the Wireless or Setup menu, select Network setup or Settings, and then select Restore Network Settings. Get the network name and password. Go to Find the wireless network password or PIN to connect an HP printer for more information.
How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
Use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Put the printer in WPS connection mode.
- Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins.