Make sure there is paper in the tray(s), check the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi. And if it is a network or wireless printer, try using a USB cable instead. In our experience, some Wi-Fi printers are unreliable in terms of their connection.
- 1 How do I fix my printer not responding?
- 2 Why is my HP printer not printing?
- 3 Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
- 4 Why is my wireless printer not printing?
- 5 What causes printing errors?
- 6 Why is my HP printer not responding to my computer?
- 7 Why isn’t my HP wireless printer working?
- 8 How do I diagnose my HP printer problems?
- 9 Why is my laptop not printing to my printer?
- 10 How do I get my computer to recognize my wireless printer?
- 11 How do you reset a wireless printer?
- 12 Why is my printer offline when it’s connected to Wi-Fi?
How do I fix my printer not responding?
How do I fix my printer, not responding? (Windows)
- Make your printer the default option. Click on the Start button and then go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Clear Print queue.
- Restart Print Spooler Service.
- Re-Add your printer to your PC.
- Restart your Windows PC.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
You need to ensure your HP printer has enough paper, ink, or toner, and it is not stuck on paper jam. Also, check the status of your printer cartridge and try replacing it with a new one if it is not good enough. In some cases, your HP printer stops printing after you replace its parts. 5
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
If your printer fails to respond to a job: Check that all printer cables are connected properly and be sure that the printer is turned on. Cancel all documents and try printing again. If your printer is attached by USB port, you may try connecting to other USB ports.
Why is my wireless printer not printing?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
What causes printing errors?
Corrupt data in the spool/printing tray might be causing this service to stop. The other most probable reason for the printing error is the connection between your computer and the printer. This can be the printer drivers or the USB port drivers.
Why is my HP printer not responding to my computer?
What to do when your HP printer not responding? This usually caused by an incompatible driver. The printer driver is either outdated or corrupted, thus stopping you from printing normally. It can also be your Printer Spooler service, and you might need to restart the service for it to work again.
Why isn’t my HP wireless printer working?
Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer. From the Wireless or Setup menu, select Network setup or Settings, and then select Restore Network Settings. Get the network name and password. Go to Find the wireless network password or PIN to connect an HP printer for more information.
How do I diagnose my HP printer problems?
Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer. If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry. If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
Why is my laptop not printing to my printer?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.
How do I get my computer to recognize my wireless printer?
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.”
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner. Source: Windows Central.
- Choose The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Select Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer.
- Choose the connected printer.
How do you reset a wireless printer?
To do this, power down the printer and then unplug the power cord from the wall. Wait for a minute, then plug the printer back in and power it back up. Wait for the cartridges to center, and then try printing again. If your issue persists, you can also try resetting the printer to the default or factory settings.
Why is my printer offline when it’s connected to Wi-Fi?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info.